Player Stats & Awards

Subscribe to Player Stats & Awards 11 post(s), 4 voice(s)

May 28, 2015 15:30

157 posts(s)

A couple of suggestions that could make the game more interesting:

PLAYER STATS

There could be some basic stats on player performance. We already have some like Goals Scored and Avg. Rating. Suggestions for other useful ones are below. They are all supposedly easy to add, as the necessary data is already captured each match, just not compiled.

- Assists (the most useful one)
- Tackles p/ game
- Fouls committed
- Passes completed (%)
- Shots completed (%)
- Goals from free kicks (penalties, fouls, corners) -> this could be player &/or team stats

PLAYER AWARDS

Some basic individual awards could be given (and registered in the player history). Very useless, but fun (it would be fun to say you hired the player with most assists 2 years in a row in the Bolivian League..). Ideas for awards are:

- Top Goalscorer (per championship)
- Top Assists
- Top Tackles per Game (if played > 15 matches)
- Top GK Saves per Game (if played > 15 matches)
- Team of the Year (top 11) —> based on avg. rate if played > 15 matches. Use a basic tactic (4-4-2, for example). We’d be able to see the top 10 player for each position (like in CM or Managersim)

Let me know what you guys think!

May 28, 2015 18:05

296 posts(s)

I like the assists option thrown in, would also be good to have player awards like golden boot, player of the year could also be another! Even Bal On Dor or however it’s spelt

May 29, 2015 11:45

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I absolutely love these suggestions. Player stats were were always in our radar and , as you pointed our, we already have those statistics (except for assists) in the match report, but they are not all collated as part of the player or team profile. We also don’t have a clear separation on whether goals are scored from penalty kicks, free kicks, etc.

Now, player awards…they are not useless at all! Of course some managers will probably say they don’t really care and don’t need this for their analysis, and they are probably right, but having them in adds a new depth to the player profile that is very positive.

Thanks Fabio, I’ll add these to our feature list.

August 19, 2015 12:35

157 posts(s)

Any news here?

August 21, 2015 03:17

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

This is in our list but not as top priority. As a minimum I’d say we need to add player morale and a better player evolution model before considering enhanced player stats and awards. I mean, we may add bits and pieces of it here and there as we do other features, but the full thing as you described will take a bit longer.

August 21, 2015 11:43

96 posts(s)

When will morale be implemented, you have been speaking of this for years. Is it still talk or is it being worked upon?

August 24, 2015 03:23

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I know, the issue is we started to talk about morale when we were out of motivation and didn’t have time to work on RubySoccer and it has dragged along since then. Now that we are back continuously working on the game it will be for real. I’m just adding some finishing touches to the star player system and then we’ll move on to properly design and implement morale.

August 26, 2015 20:25

96 posts(s)

When morale is implemented, will this also be tied into being able to have larger squad sizes?

August 26, 2015 22:52

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Yes, that’s a very good point. I’ll make sure it is not missed :-)

November 23, 2015 18:32

157 posts(s)

Still hoping we get some stats / awards to make it more fun :-)

November 24, 2015 00:20

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

It will happen, most likely in bits and pieces instead of all at once.