Managing more then one team in the same dimension

Subscribe to Managing more then one team in the same dimension 10 post(s), 8 voice(s)

May 19, 2015 01:30

55 posts(s)

Donator

Hi

I have a suggestion that I think would make the leagues more competitive: allowing users to have more than one team on the same dimension. The easiest way to do it would be to allow people to create a 2nd user and link it to the original one. For that, a set of restrictions would apply:
- You cannot have 2 teams on the same continent. Because of that restriction we would end up populating the second division of the main leagues and also the other leagues. I would like to play in England but I do not want to leave São Paulo in Brazil.
- You cannot sell or borrow players from the linked team. That would avoid a lot of problems related to cheating.
- When 2 managers are applying to the same team, if one of them already have a team in another continent, the person without any team would take precedence. This would allow new people to have a chance of picking good teams.
- You cannot play friendlies between your 2 teams. This would make an unfair advantage because you could simulate different tactics that you would use with other players.

Another thing is: if the person does not link both accounts and get caught, it would be considered cheating as we already do.

What do you guys think?

Cheers

May 19, 2015 02:07

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Let’s see what others think, but just to make it simple I’ll point out that we may be able to do it without requiring a separate user per person, we just need to introduce a concept where you can have 2 “managers” linked to the same user in a particular dimension.

Cheers

May 19, 2015 06:57

639 posts(s)

Donator

I had been thinking about the same thing actually. Maybe try it out for one season to see how it works out?

May 22, 2015 10:49

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Not many people care to reply in the forums these days so I’ll park it for now and maybe create a poll to revisit this at a later stage.

May 22, 2015 18:19

803 posts(s)

Saw the topic and forgot to reply :D

I think if you can make it that people cant use that for benefict of one’s team then ok, would be nice for me too, but probably would leave MT lol

May 22, 2015 20:32

157 posts(s)

Could be fun

May 23, 2015 00:12

828 posts(s)

cheating ?

May 23, 2015 07:26

637 posts(s)

Would be nice if you can’t benefit of the other team and only if the teams are in different continents.

May 24, 2015 10:23

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Yep, if we do this it would be with all the restrictions that Samir mentioned: no transactions between your 2 teams, no friendlies between your 2 teams and the teams must be from different continents. I think that’s enough to prevent cheating. Of course if you’re such a good manager that you win Libertadores with one team and Champions League with the other then you will play against yourself in the Club World Cup…but then you deserve it! :-D

May 26, 2015 19:33

37 posts(s)

I like the idea …