people are leaving

Subscribe to people are leaving 3 post(s), 3 voice(s)

May 05, 2015 08:21

828 posts(s)

ive noticed the steady stream of people were leaving prior however since this last “update” people that have been here for ages are now inactive.

i cant say i disagree with them tbh.

its a shame that we have to be “patient” for our transfer budgets to go up….but the fundermental problem has still yet to be addressed fully.
inflation

we all know its coming… and the player values are not accurate YET ( how many years we into this ?) there has to be a 100% accurate player value set forth by the attributes of that player.
in the past the market has dictated the player values…this has led to inflation and a transfer market full of shite. we need to have an accurate player value and the ability to only sell or buy that player 25% higher than its value. i think thats responsible way to get rid of inflation.

those of us that has spent alot of time building up thier clubs back when stadium size ect and all the wasted cash spent there only to find out it was all bullshit and was wipped away come the next improvement with points …and that residue money unspent from seasons that dissapeared.

now were left with measly accounts and an even worse transfer market. its dead… for how long more ? basicly what these upgrades have done is ensuring league championships whom won them when the changes took place… theres no way to compete because no one has money to buy players and improve the club and the youth are mostly shit and also theres fuck all on the market anyway (its dead)

so how many seasons do we have to be patient ?… i honestly do not think things will get better… but i hold onto the remaining optimism i have left for this game because i know its potential.

May 05, 2015 10:44

639 posts(s)

Donator

Ok, some basic economics.

Inflation means that you can buy less with your money than before (prices go up). So currently you pay something like 10M for a top player; in a few seasons it will be 20M if inflation continues.

Wikipedia says: “Economists generally believe that high rates of inflation and hyperinflation are caused by an excessive growth of the money supply.” So if everyone is making money, there will be more and more money in the game which causes inflation.

What happens in the transfer market is just a consequence of inflation. It’s better to do something about the cause: prevent an excessive growth of the money supply.

May 05, 2015 10:51

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Hey Davison,

Number of active users remains the same, give or take 1 or 3, since the last updates. We know we lost lots of users in the past and we also know the main reason for that, the complete lack of new features. We’ve got our enthusiasm back and some pretty good ideas to implement, but we don’t expect the number of users to increase just yet as we still need to prove we are serious in keeping the game being updated.

Regarding the past changes in the economy, getting rid of the money, bringing it back, testing transfer budgets with and without club money…that’s all part of the learning process of what’s work best for the game. We know some users won’t be happy with some of them and that’s ok, feedback is important to keep things moving. At least with continuous improvements we should get where we want quicker and require less patience from the users.

Player value…now, I don’t see why we should set a fixed value for the players. This would stop inflation only in the sense that the transfer prices would remain the same, but if the clubs have no other way to spend money, their balance will continuously grow. I may have 1 billion on my account and still only pay a cap of 10 millions for a player…still not a good scenario. Our plans, as I’ve said before, is to give managers more options to spend any extra money they earn.

I agree that the transfer market is not good yet, but I feel it has improved a bit. We have two main changes planned that should help on that front: player morale and player personality. Player morale has been a long time coming and I’ve paused the feature to make sure we got the economy changes done and a proper planning of new features. The morale could force managers to sell some good players if they let their morale go down. I won’t discuss player personality in details yet as we don’t have the concept finalised, but you can guess what it is about.

You are right, the game has potential and we know we had a better momentum in the past to grow faster and we’ve missed it, but the important thing is we are back at work and can still count on feedback of our old time users and, why not, new ones to make it better. We’re not afraid of change, the game is free and this gives us more freedom to change it and even reset the dimensions in the future, if needed. Of course we won’t do that overnight, so nothing to worry.

Cheers