New Investment: Squad Size

Subscribe to New Investment: Squad Size 9 post(s), 7 voice(s)

June 16, 2013 22:01

61 posts(s)

Hello guys,

why not having a new investment for squad size? This could valorize even more the points in the new economy model…

Example for a 5 level Squad Size Investment:

1- Nothing changes…
2- 1 more player for the squad size.
3- 2 more players for the squad size.
4- 3 more players for the squad size.
5- 3 more players for the squad size + 1 more youth.

If someone ends the season with 33 players and an extra youth and in next season he selects level 1 for this, he could receive an email on turn 13 saying he has 3 turns to fire the extra players, otherwise the machine will do it ( using any criteria you want )…

Just an idea… ( But i still preffer the old model =P )

June 18, 2013 08:32

639 posts(s)

Donator

I also still prefer the old model, but one of the advantages of the points system is that things as this can be introduced. I think the developers have been considering this (or at least points for extra youth players).

June 19, 2013 10:12

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

We have been considering a new investment area for youth players, but haven’t thought about squad size in general. Your suggestion sounds interesting, but to be honest I’d rather abolish the squad limit once we get player morale introduced, as bigger squads will mean more unsatisfied players…anyway, we could go either way on that and end up implementing your suggestion!

June 23, 2013 13:29

61 posts(s)

Players morale should be great! Good work!!!

August 15, 2013 16:44

96 posts(s)

I think this is a good idea. Personally I think the squad size at the moment is slightly too small. I can see the reasons why you may have picked the squad size to be what it is, but if it were to be increased slightly, probably by a maximum of 5 I believe it would stimulate the transfer market a little more. It’s hard to try and develop youth players, play friendlies and buy and sell due to a lack of managers and also the limited squad size. Just my opinion though.

August 15, 2013 18:58

37 posts(s)

I love love love the idea of allocating points for more youth! Did I say I love the idea?

August 16, 2013 19:11

14 posts(s)

yup, i love this idea too! would be especially helpful so you can use all youth players in friendlies and save some of your other players for cups/europe.

August 16, 2013 21:46

609 posts(s)

Or maybe introduce a system where u can take a 2nd team where you can only have players till they are 23. With player morale you can buy the player from your second team and you will have (most of the time) the player because he knows you trained him and believe in him or other players win the player by price or wage. Then u can remove part of your friendly scheduel in your main team and maybe reduce the player limit to like 20. Focus on the league & cups like the ‘real’ team do when the season has started.

There are so many ‘crap’ cpu teams that are kinda useless in the game atm. They don’t train much, they never win something, the never sell players.

September 12, 2013 21:02

96 posts(s)

Any news on when this idea of abolishing the maximum squad size will be rolled out now that we are seeing the start of player morale being introduced?