Fixing the points system

Subscribe to Fixing the points system 9 post(s), 6 voice(s)

April 15, 2013 07:43

639 posts(s)

Donator

I am still no fan of the points system, but apart from that, there are a few things that can easily be improved.

1) The transfer money. As mentioned by a lot of people, if you lose all your money at the end of the season, why would you sell players? My suggestion is that 50% of your money is transfered to the next season as money, the other 50% as points.

2) Scouting needs to be improved, but I understand this will be implemented shortly.

3) Physio should be more important too. The easy solution is to have more (or more severe) injuries, for example double the amount/chance. The question is: does this make the game more fun, or more frustrating (no one likes to have injured players)? Not sure about this, I suggest just to test one season how it works out. Another idea is to have physio influence stamina. For example: level 1 gives 1% chance of an extra point of stamina for each player not playing, level 10 10% (if that seems low: it’s about 6-8 points during a season)
(also I don’t think you should get messages about it, just see it in the player screen as you see improved stats)

4) Wages. For me:
Wage Limit: $870,980
Current Wage Total: $679,523
I have wages at 2, could have done it at 1 too, but that would have given me (I think) 2 extra points?
I checked another team (Feyenoord), about 800k in wages, probably also wage limit at level 2. So I have 15% lower wages, should that not be worth 10 points or so? I have the feeling it’s not balanced yet. Maybe 5 points for every level, starting from 600k?

April 15, 2013 09:39

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Thanks for the feedback, Dimitri. Here are my comments:

1) That’s a good starting point to improve the current situation. Of course we may have to revise the current transfer budget formula and analyse the impact.

2) I’m currently working on that (not as fast as I’d like due to business trips, but still…)

3) That was the next thing on my list after improving the scouting department. Still haven’t decided the best course of action but it definitely relates to injuries and stamina!

4) When I first came up with the formulas for wages and budgets I was sure they would have to be revisited at some point. I think I should also mention that the levels doesn’t mean the same thing for all teams, the same level for smaller teams would mean a smaller wage limit when compared to big teams. My lack of definition of what makes a team big is on purpose ;-)

April 15, 2013 17:40

803 posts(s)

1) Seems nice, maybe another line in the Investments page to allow managers to choose how much they want to save next season… That probably would make you change how the budget is calculated too…

3) It doesn’t need to make the game more frustrating, level 0 phisio this days gives you mostly no worries, you should have that only at level 6 or 7… One season test is too short, managers need to know how bad things get with the harder sistem and addapt the phisio levels, that requires much more time…

4) A more complex wage negotiation should be discussed, if we have players asking higher wages because they are main squad, or they have inferior players being better payed in the team, or if you have a level 10 budget, and some other variables… This would make wages rise and make people pay more attention to it, and more importance to the wage limit consequently…

Anyhow, nice to know you have things open to changes Gabriel :D

April 17, 2013 11:41

340 posts(s)

well, no, if you are calling it BUDGET; make it work like a budget.

Why would you even bother transferring money to points and/or leaving 50%?!

Transfer money should be based on the money club has, that money is not to be taken out of thin air but based on the accumulated income/spending of the club, that is the previously known as MONEY variable.

THE transfer money budget is to be based on a set amount (from start/first time) then later on it “will live its own life”, the amount from transfers kept goes to that variable and the rest to the clubs main account.

So when you have a lower percentage of transfer amount kept say you keep 20% and the 80% is taken, that 80% is to be taken into the main account of the club and HAS to be the ground for next seasons budget.

Another example:
So if you made 40M of transfers and you kept 20M (50%) and 20M (50%) was taken by board, next season you could keep the same amount of investments (50%/50%) then the club could do this:
1) ALWAYS keep X% for costs incase you do not make any money from transfers, ie securing current wage for the next 5 seasons, then the REST is your starting amount.

2) depending on -tage and in this case it’s 50 of that amount (see #1) is to be the BUDGET for this season offered by the board.

So you have your 20M from last season + 50% (your investment level) of whatever number club can afford to put as budget.

Now, if the main account does not have enough funds to secure x number of seasons wages, then they should just take whatever they can from each transfer and push you a message saying, “sorry but running costs make us put a transfer embargo until we have better economy” or something similar.

/BK

April 17, 2013 12:35

639 posts(s)

Donator

I’m not quite sure what your point is, but your third sentence suggests you want to abolish the points system, or at least for the transfer budget?

April 17, 2013 22:25

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Berhan, if we do what you say we would bring back the money concept and have to deal once again with the balance issues we are trying to avoid (or at least reduce) using the points system. If you want to role play you may consider the board is using the money for other things and also getting money from different sources (TV revenue, sponsors, marketing, etc) and making available to you a particular amount depending on the level you request on that investment area.

April 18, 2013 01:17

828 posts(s)

board points are fine. however i think total wage @ 10 level should be lowered to that that is 5 why ?

people offer retarded wages 300k ect with out player moral there is no way for this to be detrimental to the team.
esp when shit avg players want 40k wages.

i would like to see when any player in the game is being posted as near contract end… any manager should be allowed to talk to that players agent during a transfer window. that way a manager must fight to keep his players happy

we need player moral, star system instead of est value, scouting needs to not just be some shit the manager does in some crappy search engine. should also include an option for the scout be it player scout or team scout ( for future vs games) in the report should state (depending on the level invested) who is the most dangerious ect and also be able to add in game tactics who to make sure to cover and shut down.

theres so much to be done and i cant see it happening soon enough :( i understand you have a life gabriel this isnt a knock on you. but please give your self a goal, set that goal, and let us know a timeline of things you are working on. more updates on progress.

you arnt going to be make everyone happy ( me inc) but do your vision. listen to advice but make sure it is sound advice.

the more options a manager has to be able to put their imprint on a teams make up the better. more is better but we must work on it one by one so keep up the good work.

whats the current situation ?

April 18, 2013 11:54

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I have to say that was one of your best posts, Davison :-D

Anyway, the current situation, huh? Well, not much happening at the moment as I have been travelling for work in the past 2 weeks and didn’t want to spend much of the weekend working on RS. That might change next week.

As I said recently I’m working on improving the scouting functionality and allowing managers to have scout reports for players. My plan after that is to look into physio, player morale and tweak the wage/budget values, not necessarily in that order.

I’ll try to provide updates more often, I think that’s a good idea to help me keep the momentum when I’m working on something new.

Cheers

April 19, 2013 18:41

57 posts(s)

I got all the european countries formatted and added as well, but i’m not sure if adding an assload of new leagues and divisions is a good idea, since it seems there’s only ~200 active managers as as it is…