Player Trade

Subscribe to Player Trade 10 post(s), 6 voice(s)

March 25, 2013 15:55

241 posts(s)

A new feature – Player trading

So here how it goes basically

-Send trade request for the player you want to acquire. Function will be on player details screen > Offer trade
-Select from the list the player you are offering in return > Send
- The receiving manager will be notified by in game mail right away.
-If the manager accepts ,the players get traded next turn.
Limits ;
– Max 3 trades per season per team
-Traded players can have min /max 20 percent difference in estimated value. Meaning you can trade a player with value 10M with a player 8M min or 12M max.These will eliminate chances of abuse/ cheating . Give tool to Gms to monitor trades as well for roll back.

Let me know what you think cheers

March 25, 2013 16:10

678 posts(s)

Sounds cool to me. You have my vote!

March 25, 2013 18:48

74 posts(s)

the idea is great, but i shall point some notes:

1) this was the main strategy to cheat in ss/ms days
2) 3 trades per season seems a lot to me
3) i only agree if GM’s give the ok to every trade made

cheers

March 25, 2013 21:18

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Yeah, I like the trades idea but I share Rui’s concerns. I joined MS after trading was banned and the reasons I could find in the forums were cheating and the fact that a small group of top teams ended up exchanging players among them taking away the opportunity for smaller teams to bid on top players cause they were never listed for transfer.

March 26, 2013 12:03

678 posts(s)

I wouldn’t like it if I had to spend hours a day checking every single trade that happens to be honoust..

March 26, 2013 16:49

74 posts(s)

lol. so you should be fired hehe

March 26, 2013 18:28

803 posts(s)

I like the concept of trade, but I think this is not something we should rush or have it prioritized, besides the concerns here posted we should come up with a system that can be fair to any other manager that would be interested in the players being traded. This cannot be done easily I think, and there are other improvements I (and think others too) consider more urgent, the budget money thing or player’s morale… When those are implemented I think this market crises will be over and the game will be “playable” again. Dont think other improvments should be started until the market can run by itself and everyone can get their “fun nevel” up again :D

If you will say this improvement can help the market flow, I agree, but the time it would require to implement it properly seems too much to wait. Besides, it will be possible to make some kind of trades when we have no transfer price limit, if you make two transfers for prices anyone else considers excessive you’ll be dealing alone and have guarantee the players will be traded.

Cheers

March 29, 2013 08:26

340 posts(s)

Yepp, we don’t need cheating enabled again, trading would be cheating tool.

I explained earlier in previous thread/post etc..

A WAY to acquire players would be through the board, and through your season goals, if you fail to meet them, you may or may not lose a star player. Perhaps it can be controlled by a points variable where you could invest points in trying to acquire a player, it can be made in so many ways but the basic workflow would be:
1. Request a player for certain position, invest nr of points there, higher levels could allow you to exactly pinpoint which player you want.
2. Board will give you mission depending on the player you are trying to get (better players = harder mission)
3. Board of player you are trying to get, will alert the manager saying that they will let the player go on transfer if you fail to meet the minimum requirements.
4. at the end of the season / end of period for this action, stuff get’s calculated, and actions done.

levels of PR/Player Marketing department:
1. be able to target one position / season
2. be able to target 2 player positions per season
3. be able to target 3 player positions per season.
4. be able to target 3 player positions per season but get one of them mid-season
5. be able to target 3 player positions per season but get two of them mid-season
6. be able to target 3 player positions per season but get all tree of them mid season
7. be able to block movement of one player
8. be able to block movement of two players
9. be able to block movement of all three players

Now you say if people can bid/try to get 3 players per season, and I can block all 3, how is this gonna work?
You can end up trying to keep 5 of your best players, but protect only 3, so you can still lose the other 2 players. The key is reaching the minimum requirements.

EDIT:
My suggestion is about the ability to acquire ANY player in the game, and not only the transfer-listed players.

EDIT2:
Winning league, cup, championships, National contests could give you “untouchable” points that you can put on players. Although not visible on player screen, those should be valid when it’s time for the aftermath of suggested moves calculation.
If you have made everything you needed to acquire the player, but the manager of this player put an “untouchable” label on him, it’s ONLY THEN, you could know that the player is untouchable, and not in advance.

EDIT3:
Depending on the level of your player marketing department, players during first half/whole season could automatically be flagged as “untouchable” so you don’t have to worry about players you have not protected from start of season.

Just my 2 cents.

/BK

March 29, 2013 09:31

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

That’s good stuff, BK. Interesting suggestions for a new investment area. We’ll start considering new areas as soon as we make scouting and physio more attractive.

Cheers

March 29, 2013 13:19

340 posts(s)

Gabriel, both areas are interesting, please consider making the scouting a bit better, specially with phone/app interaction, since I am in the app development nowadays I may be able to help you with this.

The physios needs attention, looks like the players are not getting tired enough, and you have to introduce the FORM variable (maybe hidden but still).

/BK