Prevent being fired in rebuild mode

Subscribe to Prevent being fired in rebuild mode 28 post(s), 9 voice(s)

December 21, 2012 09:54

639 posts(s)

Donator

Most of us know about ‘rebuild mode’: instead of focussing on short term results, you focus on the long term, getting talented young players and developing them. It’s fun to do it, I think, to see how your players become better and better. There is one disadvantage though: since on the short term you lose a lot of matches, the board will think you do very badly. This means that if someone else applies for your club, you’ll be fired.

Imagine how this feels: you put a lot of work in a club, put together a real good squad of talented players, and just before you expect the good results will start, someone else takes over your position and reaps the fruit of your labor. That sucks, right?

Wouldn’t it be better if the board is more tolerant of bad results in rebuild mode?

December 21, 2012 10:07

828 posts(s)

a good manager wouldnt get fired even during rebuilding

December 21, 2012 13:30

301 posts(s)

Perhaps a 3 season grace period or something like that. I wonder what repercussions it would have on cheating (if it would curb it or increase it).

December 22, 2012 00:20

37 posts(s)

I think that punishing teams filing in younger players should be reviewed. My proposal: Young players gain experience when playing important matches. If the number of matches of a young player exceeds some limit (may be a hidden attribute), he should be considered sufficiently experienced not creating a penalty for the team.

December 23, 2012 08:48

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Interesting point, maybe we can consider a way to “tell” the board you are doing a long term work as you said Dimitri. I don’t think it can be too loose like a 3 season grace period as Charles mentioned, but it could make the board take it easier on your initially bad results :)

December 23, 2012 16:41

301 posts(s)

ya, those initial bad results, where you transfer a few players and have good potential youth playing, really gets you off on the wrong foot. You start at 50% but before you know it you’re already down to 20-30% at the end of the 1st season… perhaps lower in some cases. :)

December 24, 2012 01:58

828 posts(s)

set it 3 stages rebuilding, est seasons, board demands rebuilt or fires if at the end of rebuilding you have not improved the squad.

have to make it a dynamic manager environment. also have a training type choice ( intense, rest, medium,) and be able to select what you want individual players to be working on in training. i think this is a necessity for this game. seriously its needed.

December 24, 2012 13:50

301 posts(s)

Davison has a point, but there should also be an option to “auto-manage” for the people who don’t want to get into the details of training…

December 25, 2012 10:03

828 posts(s)

make it a pay upgrade

when i say that i mean have it come out of the financials of the Team.

or you could even make it Pay upgrade for vip ruby members but i know you guys wannaa keep this game free

December 26, 2012 07:54

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

We don’t mind having paid upgrades as long as they are not something that give such an advantage that non-paying users have no chance of success. This is an example that would not have an impact of this kind, so we could make it happen in the future.

December 26, 2012 08:56

639 posts(s)

Donator

Yep, not getting fired would be a good feature for VIP members.

December 26, 2012 08:58

828 posts(s)

lol dimitri haha merry Christmas

January 02, 2013 13:16

639 posts(s)

Donator

Is it hard to do by hand Gabriel? Rebuilding is fun, so I think I would’t mind to pay say 20 dollars for not getting fired in 2013.

January 03, 2013 07:52

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

No, this one in particular should be very simple. I’ll discuss it with Danilo.

January 10, 2013 12:29

639 posts(s)

Donator

Did you have time to discuss it already Gabriel?

January 13, 2013 00:22

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Yes, a little bit. We have agreed this can be done initially as a “rebuild mode” option for the manager. I’m focused on the economy changes, now you can harass Danilo and get him to implement this :-D

January 13, 2013 01:46

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

I can’t guarantee I will get to it very fast, as I had other things in mind… For example the new player evolution model, adjustments to the formation screen so it would work on tablets, more achievements, finally invest more time and take the newspaper to a new level, a simplified and limited mobile UI… So much to do and so little time :)

September 02, 2013 16:33

639 posts(s)

Donator

Alas, in the past eight months this was not introduced. Now someone took my club, which I have been managing for over 40 seasons. You can understand I’m not happy with this.

September 02, 2013 20:04

296 posts(s)

This shouldn’t be allowed, he built a great team and now another manager steps in to take all the reward. Ricardo antunes should be put back in his job and let dmitri have Psv back.

September 02, 2013 22:34

639 posts(s)

Donator

That would be nice yes.
If that’s not possible: any chance I can try to get my club back by waiting? I don’t want to start over with another team.

September 02, 2013 22:59

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

What do you mean by “get my club back by waiting”?

September 03, 2013 00:05

61 posts(s)

That really sucks bro…

Why not taking the team`s average age for the criteria?

Everytime when a new season beggins the team with “x” average age would have “x” times more “comprehensive” board during this season for performance`s status or/and the board expectation.

September 03, 2013 07:11

639 posts(s)

Donator

I meant that if the position of manager of PSV becomes available again (either by bad results or by the manager moving to another club again), can I apply? Or only after x time and/or having managed other clubs? Of if I delete my account and make a new one?

September 03, 2013 07:51

296 posts(s)

He should be given it back, that’s like someone applying for Alex fergusons job at united and getting it, after him being a brilliant manager! (I do realise he’s retired now btw)

If the same thing happened to me in Santa Fe I’d be very unhappy! Something needs to be in place for managers over 10+ seasons in one team

September 03, 2013 13:16

104 posts(s)

Where is the problem ? He need seven season to rebuild the team ? In game or in real life if you have good players and bad result…. you are fired….ok its boring and unluck but I think several manager apply to PSV, and now ist fair to Ricardo Antunes leave the team ? PSV is the better team in holland and are good players ; its normal the board expectation…. its the game….

You can apply if you managed other club , if the last club ist PSV you can t apply…

September 03, 2013 13:58

639 posts(s)

Donator

Well, the performance percentage is not working very well imo, once you’re low it’s difficult to get up. At mediumticker my performance is 100% while my results are not much better than at fastticker.

Meanwhile the new manager is making a mess of it…

Anyway, I guess I can best delete my account, and check again later.

September 03, 2013 14:17

104 posts(s)

Not much better ? its a joke ? You finish in third position with a weak team and in fast you finish 11 with a great team… and certainly the board expectation is not the same…. in fast win the title that you d ont win last ten season, when before you win almost every season… and in mediumticker, medium table or Europa league…..

September 03, 2013 16:46

639 posts(s)

Donator

That’s only last season, and board expectation was higher in MT.