Squad Size caps

Subscribe to Squad Size caps 5 post(s), 4 voice(s)

September 24, 2007 16:47

47 posts(s)

Salamanca, Beta 1. They have 86 players in the squad.
Surely this isnt good for the game. They have a stupid amount of players on the transfer list.

A min and max squad size cap could work. 17 and 28 ?. To have 86 players is stopping other clubs from using those players. Thats not even mentioning the high wages they’ve received which means any new club will have to pay high wages as well.

I cant see a good point to a squad of 86. :(

September 24, 2007 20:07

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

we were already thinking about limiting the squad, but we didnt think someone would get that number so quick :). will add a bug request to limit that. (have to find time to fix all those things :( ).

September 25, 2007 10:48

18 posts(s)

In real life there are teams that can use that strategy : to buy the players so the others won’t have them…

And after, they just borrow the players to other teams, and that facilitie we don´t have for now, and i think it would be usefull.

Limiting the number of players for each team is a non-sense as in real life you don’t have it…

If the club can’t afford it it will bankrupt soon…and if the players can´t play all then you have a terrible relation between all the players and a lousy morale at the team, which is what you had at managersim…

Think about it before taking a decision…

Paulo

September 25, 2007 11:32

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

the plan is not to make that limit a fix number, but to limit that using the board and other stuff, like a kind of morale, as you mentioned.

in the end, to have many players need to be a disadvantage for the manager, not an impossibility.

September 25, 2007 12:24

14 posts(s)

Think 28 is too low…..maybe like 40. I used to have 35-40 players constantly(including youth) when playing managersim.