performance based wages?

Subscribe to performance based wages? 6 post(s), 4 voice(s)

September 28, 2011 02:00

65 posts(s)

Donator

I just thought of this and decided to post the idea.

A manager should have the option to contract players with a game performance clause in the contract. So that if a player performs poorly on a consistent basis then a manager can reduce the players wage accordingly.
I.e. a player receives too many disciplinary points or has consecutive games where he has a performance evaluation of 4 and below.

What do other managers think of a performance based clause in contracting players?

September 28, 2011 06:20

340 posts(s)

hahaha, wouldn’t that be a nice thing to have in all jobs actually, then people would starve to death.
NO sane person would want to sing on such a wage deal, unless you are really professional and ambitious of course.

I do not agree entirely to what you just described but I can see the point that can be interesting for some managers. Why not do a really cool feature that every club has his own type of wage structure.

Some doing the real old school, ie you have a contract until you retire and players would then write you mails asking for more money as they perform better than some other players etc.

One as it is now, and one the way you suggest.

But to make it really interesting I think the players should be aware of their wages being good or bad, so they can “compare” to other team mates and bitch about it when similar player gets a lot more than them.

SO your idea is good but you have to make also the players “aware” they have a good or bad salary.

I would also suggest some changes in performance (slightly though) when you pay alot more to another player of same caliber as some of your players, that the performance(morale) would drop/increase etc. Could be a whole science there but there could at leas some minor changes be added thus giving a nicer game experience.

BK

September 28, 2011 21:32

609 posts(s)

You might wanne ask yourself first, why is that player performing bad all the time? Maybe i’m doing something wrong? Like having to low stamina, putting him in a wrong position so he get’s minus skillpoints, etc?

If you perform poor your wages doesn’t get cut, you get fired or sold.

September 28, 2011 22:23

65 posts(s)

Donator

Berhan how differently would a person play if their was a contract clause stating for good performances he would get a 10% pay bonus, but then in reverse was to get a 10% pay reduction for a bad performance.

Vaughn their have been instances with differing sporting codes where players have received performance related contracts or in extreme cases the player contract stating he gets paid per game played rather than a set weekly pay.

September 29, 2011 02:59

828 posts(s)

i think this idea of quality of play wage is a good idea and to have clauses . now its the players decision to agree to such clauses but the option should be there regardless. i like this idea "

September 29, 2011 05:16

340 posts(s)

Kuroyuki, maybe wage adds nothing to your performance, maybe it does. It’s about psychology and how you let or not let things affect you. IF you have say two players that are virtually the same in experience and stats, and pay one 10k and the other 20k, in reality the guy getting 10k only would like to increase his wages as he compares himself to the other guy, while the other guy would probably want more. So it’s more psychology than a quick explanation how would affect the performance of a player, but it could be:
- guy with smaller earning (if he has low mentality skill) get depressed, not want to re-sign with the club and want to move to another club that could properly evaluate and reward his skills.
- guy with smaller earnings(if he has a high mentality skill) could be motivated and perform the best season of his life, and want to impress his boss to see why he is worth as much as the other guy. If you reward him by increasing his wage (doubling it actually) then it would create another ripple in the water for the other players, why is he “suddently” getting a double salary increase while other maybe do not get anything. It could lead to LOTS of problems in reality as well.

A performance based wages would prevent people from going into that kind of trouble, now you have no excuse not to perform, and also you have no need to get upset when you are not rewarded when you know that you have performed badly.

Easier said than done, that thing can be quite advanced stuff to have a good formula to compute.

Also the negotiations are quite funny, I experimented with one of my players to negotiate salary many times, not just giving him exactly what he wanted. We were negotiation about 3 more bucks, it is silly, we probably spent at 3-5 turns about those 3 bucks of extra wage. Wow, imagine that could be an indicator that this person has a strong will/determination then I could start thinking that he can actually be better player than he already is?! Just a thought..

BK