Youth quality

Subscribe to Youth quality 15 post(s), 7 voice(s)

September 14, 2011 00:56

65 posts(s)

Donator

My suggestion is the following:

Have all countries regardless of country rank receive the same quality of youth player in regards to their starting stats. After this you randomise the players stats so you get the difference in the players total stat at the end of their development.

Doing this relies on the skill of the manager rather than being in the best country.

September 14, 2011 03:28

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I’m doing something more interesting, hopefully to be released later today. I’ll give a few more details when I announce it but the idea is to raise the chance of smaller countries generating good players once in a while. Stay tuned.

September 14, 2011 03:44

828 posts(s)

^^ ooOoOooO wat is it :D

September 14, 2011 06:51

65 posts(s)

Donator

sounds interesting, can’t wait to see what it is. :)

September 14, 2011 07:28

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Already in place.

September 14, 2011 07:43

828 posts(s)

is this gonna be a secret ? :D

September 14, 2011 07:57

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I can’t tell much more than what’s in the announcements topic. A simple way to see it is that player generated in a given country sometimes will have his initial skill values determined as if they’ve been generated in a better ranked country. If a country has a very low rank you’ll see a higher diversity of player’s quality, but of course they will be mostly below average players when compared to better countries.

September 14, 2011 08:04

340 posts(s)

Gabriel, good stuff, almost, and I’ll tell you why.

I don’t know if that is what it means but as I read it I get the feeling that a “small” country can never have a superstar player compared to the best players in the best countries?
I know there is no Messi elsewhere but there are many players at the level slightly bellow Messi in many not so great (in the rankings) countries. Just a thought.

I like the idea but get the feeling that you have set a limit to it, maybe I am miss-interpreting things, could be it.

BK

September 14, 2011 08:27

803 posts(s)

Country level of youths also happens in real life, is not by accident most of the top players come from a small group of countries like Brazil, Argentina, Spain, England or France… It is the result of a long history with the sport and investment in youth improvement.

In the game the way we have to know where is the best investment its the team performance in international competitions, I think the randomness of the game already makes it possible for lower ranked countries to have great players, Argentina have the top players in the game and never reached the 2nd place of the ranking… They probably in average have not as good players as France but that’s how it is suppose to be, if not there would be no point for the country competition we see around here :D

September 14, 2011 09:50

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

@Berhan: I think I was not clear about that, small countries CAN generate a superstar, the limit is the same for all countries, the difference is only how often that happens

September 14, 2011 09:56

340 posts(s)

Filipe, I am sure it has something to do with the number of registered players (footballers) and the number of stars/superstars in a specific country. The countries you describe have different setup/culture/background but they all have in common having way more many registered player mass, and having to chose the best 11 from Brazil is not the same as choosing from a country like Sweden.

I also believe the cultural stuff matters as maybe many kids in Brazil maybe dream of become a big footballer star and help his family, friends etc.. while a kid in Sweden not necessarily thinks in the same manner.
Also some countries have so much sports to chose from so the potential talent maybe is wasted in choosing the “wrong” sport. I know it is impossible to calculate it exactly to suit everyone’s wished but I can tell you from experience when in 1994 Sweden reached 3-4 place game, you could see football being on it’s prime in the entire country, everyone could you see kids playing football, in football clubs you could see the increase of interest.

Now, I bet it is not too difficult to implement this in the game engine, so when a country is especially successful in their international games, it could trigger some creation of potential star players say 5 seasons later.

Just some thoughts :)

Bk

September 14, 2011 10:06

639 posts(s)

Donator

Do also note that the best national team in the world (according to Fifa ranking) is from a small country…

September 14, 2011 10:20

340 posts(s)

Netherlands :)
That is the Coca Cola ranking :)

Go ask someone in the streets not looking it up, how many would guess it, unless you are a real hardcore football dude.
Netherlands is something special and in my opinion excellent to bring into a game engine.

How it works is, getting lots of promising players there first before taking the next step to big clubs, so the “Netherlands” in RubySoccer could work like that as well, I am sure it’snot too difficult to calculate which country brings in most players and then ship them later on to the next country/clubs.
What it does in reality is that it helps develop the youngsters in the local clubs, also football is very big sport over there, that matters as well.

Good discussion Dimitri :)
Keep it up guys.

Bk

September 14, 2011 10:36

803 posts(s)

Berhan said: “Now, I bet it is not too difficult to implement this in the game engine, so when a country is especially successful in their international games, it could trigger some creation of potential star players say 5 seasons later.”

This already happens, it just considering club performance, not the national team, and IMO it should stay that way, national team competitions are not that developed yet and it would be unfair to distribute the youth quality having the performance of just one team, it could lead even to abuse, imagine someone taking over a national team and intentionally losing so the country would produce worse youths (and another one, probably where that manager has his team would have better youths)

The way it is right now is fair and consistent, for a country to raise in the ranking (and have better chances of great youths) the teams in this country must perform well and consistently well in the international competitions. France has the most competitive league and season after season their teams made great collective performances in europe, they deserve better youths and it would be unfair if they hadn’t because France national team doesn’t perform as good as they do…

September 14, 2011 11:03

299 posts(s)

I would say it’s best changes in youth growth system are introduced when the game gets reset, together with other changes that are in plan. At the time being, it would be unfair to punish countries like France, as Filipe put it, whose managers have worked hard to get the youths they get for many many years.

I assume that the game will be reset soon enough, perhaps by december, but that;s just me. Anyway, despite the changes I do assume that some sort of ranking will also take place in the “new” world. What I think it;s important though, it’s that when the game gets reset, than all countries should start at the same youth level, and the new ranking kicks in only at the start of season 2, based on performances on season 1. Of course, I am shooting blind here, as I don’t know what exactly will be the new system on player’s growth and player generation. But I do think that, one way or another, all countries should start on the same foot, on day zero!

cheers
D