Game Transfers and Tickets Price

Subscribe to Game Transfers and Tickets Price 26 post(s), 12 voice(s)

August 31, 2011 22:47

7 posts(s)

I would suggest that you create a period for the transfer occurred.

As in European football we could have a window at the beginning and another mid-season.

I would also suggest that revenues from ticket sales doubled making the poorest teams could get more revenue to invest and thus balance the game.

September 01, 2011 05:57

828 posts(s)

i agree

September 01, 2011 07:04

299 posts(s)

It’s a very nice idea, i would certainly love to try it. It could make the player movement part of the game a lot more challenging and attractive :)

September 01, 2011 07:33

678 posts(s)

perhaps knowing you only have a “small window to sell”, it might force certain managers to ask market conforn prizes instead of the very inflated ones we see now….

September 01, 2011 08:02

639 posts(s)

Donator

Introducing a transfer window would certainly create some problems. It doesn’t solve any problems, as far as I see. Neither does it make the game more fun: on the contrary, I would say.

September 01, 2011 09:57

803 posts(s)

The problem here is that not everyone comes to the game every day as we do, we should only try this with a large transfer window or many managers would be out of the market getting it even harder to deal. About the inflated prices I think we should let the market work, if people feel they can sell those players for that price let them have it, if they really want to sell they will have to lower it, don’t see any need to change anything there, we just need to be careful with cheaters, the big ones are identified already but there are many others out there…

The increasing ticket sales would not have the effect you predict, big teams will also benefit from it and there would simply be more money in the game but the difference between big and smaller teams would be the same, if not bigger as we know bigger teams usually have more experienced managers who would invest that money better than the smaller ones…

September 01, 2011 19:43

828 posts(s)

2transfer windows per 144 ticks, off season and mid season

September 01, 2011 20:30

7 posts(s)

that’s it… 20 turns per window… and to be more serious… five transfers per team

September 02, 2011 11:25

15 posts(s)

5 transfers per team is low for new managers, that can be a huge problem for getting new managers in.

September 02, 2011 11:51

803 posts(s)

As so the transfer window is, a manager staring a team from zero would need to be online every turn on that window or he wouldn’t do much… Perhaps here we should not reproduce the real life model, I would have no problem with a transfer window but new guys don’t spend as much time in the game as we do, and If they can’t make transfers at most of that time probably wont be so motivated…

September 02, 2011 12:24

301 posts(s)

I have to agree with filipe. Introducing a transfer window will prolly make the game more frustrating for new GMs…
As such, it might prevent some cheating, but I assume cheaters will just time their cheating ways with the transfer window…
Considering the amount of transfer that will be going on during these windows, it will be hard to detect cheaters…
I mean, its easy to create an account for a few ticks before a window, then just leaving or quitting right after the window is closed…
IMO I don’t think it will reduce the amount of cheating… maybe it might make the life of our admins more difficult to try and detect cheaters…

September 02, 2011 14:14

340 posts(s)

Either is good from a game experience point of view.

BK

September 02, 2011 20:10

828 posts(s)

so agian people let cheaters scare them into not bettering the game opinion. 2 windows

if gaberial wanted to stop cheating so bad then why not have a system in the game WHERE 10-15% above est value is the highest you can put a player on sale. i mean really this shit is getting fuckn ridiculous ( prices) 80m was the most expensive transfer ever in football in real life. and that isnt even challenged for its number 1 spot get back to realism for fuck sake 2 windows

September 02, 2011 20:54

639 posts(s)

Donator

80M British pounds. This is 91M euro, 130M dollars or 12209M Kenyan shillings.

Anyway, what were you thinking, that soccersim dollars and British pounds are the same?

September 02, 2011 21:32

803 posts(s)

Who knows what he’s thinking, he’s here since almost ever and we tried to explain to him it doesn’t matter the amount of money because there is no connection with the real life money. He cant understand that if there is 100Billions in the game and a player is worth 50M, than with 200Billions in the game that same player is worth 100M…

September 02, 2011 23:13

340 posts(s)

Mind that in real life, clubs are in huge debts and that is ridiculous.
Making the perfect balanced economy in a game like this is a very hard task.

There are some things that can be done but you can never have a foolproof method to stop cheaters entirely.

When I was making my footie sim games, I spent lots of time thinking how to make it harder for cheaters to try to cheat.
That is simply a different topic, we should not mix it up with suggestions and game content improvements. I still have some ideas to make it harder for the cheater to engage in cheating, but his is a topic about transfer windows and more money being generated to smaller clubs.

Transfer windows is good idea, if you do not have enough time to play, who says you have to trade 20 players/season to win? And also there are different dimensions with different update frequencies.

Idea 2 is not realistic at all. If you know how it is in real life clubs, you know economy is a very tough thing specially in some countries. Giving smaller clubs more money simply like that is not enough. I think smaller clubs should get something else instead. They should get slightly better youths, and by that mean greater number of potential stars, while the best clubs could still get those star/superstars.

I think the core of these types of games is the players, and a better model of generating, developing and re-generating players should be the main priority and build everything else around that.

BK

September 03, 2011 00:10

7 posts(s)

By reducing the number of transactions and increased revenue from ticket sales, the main source of revenue for clubs should be their ticket and not the market players. Making it more interesting to worry about the player play a good tournament with good average to have the public revenue than just having to be at war with the other players a player to buy low and sell value.

Sorry but my English is by google

Mura

September 03, 2011 07:39

609 posts(s)

BK, why should smaller/worse teams get better youth then a big team? It makes no sence at all tbh. Why punish a manager that is slighty better / more active then some other manager?

We all know that a higher ranked country has a better chance on better youth, so choosing a country when you begin or are playing the game is a huge difference. Going to France/Brazil will let you have a better chance, if you go to Greece/Colombia then you know 99% of the youth is crap.

If you all want to look at “real life” then you all should know managing a small team has disadvantage, but also an advantage that other managers don’t want that club. So you have time to build with youth (that is available to everyone) from the free transfer. Building a team from there and then getting to the top #3 of div1 will give you enough money/ players to sell for cash which can be brought back into the game to other clubs.

And Mura, you atleast try in english :)

September 03, 2011 10:29

340 posts(s)

Vaughn, because some teams produce more own products, there should be set rules of course, and that could be variable.
You do not punish any manager at all, smaller clubs will take more chances with own products because their economy is not as strong as a big club and thus giving chance to own younger players and then producing more quality-material players, not stars, remember. When those players given chance at a bigger club then could develop into better players.

Well, ranks have nothing to do with reality really.
What matters is culture, number of practicing mass of players. Also some countries like Sweden for example will never achieve the development of super players like the Brazilians because there are too many other sports to chose from. In some countries, specially in the poorer areas, there is only 1-2 sports to chose from, then the number of potential players are greater. Also, the BIG clubs do not develop their players in the same way the small clubs do.

There are ways to make it work really well.
BK

September 04, 2011 18:05

24 posts(s)

Hi,
Interesting ideas, but I agree on the rejection to better youths for smaller clubs. We all know great youth academies are from Ajax, Barcelona, Arsenal, etc. But don’t forget that there are smaller clubs with very active youth “production”. In particular, in Spain (closer example for me) Leganes, in 2ªB (immediately down to 2nd division) has a great academy, and has forgotten a bit the glory-sport issue of reaching 2nd or 1st division. I imagine other countries clubs would have same philosophy, so it should be possible to implement an option of an academy of youth, but with same options for big and small clubs.

So, there would be managers that would prefer to built slowly the team, and make money with some promises. Others managers would prefer to make a stronger team in one seasson to dispute competitions and change team after getting it.
Both are valid and respectable.

January 05, 2013 11:35

828 posts(s)

bump

January 06, 2013 22:25

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

A lot will change on these aspects after the economy changes are done. Club money for instance will cease to exist as it is today. It will be replaced by a transfer budget (that will be increased on season start based on stadium level, replacing ticket income) and a wage limit. Every investment area in the club will be managed by levels from 0 to 10 at season start and restricted by the team’s performance during the prior season.

Assuming this will be a successful change it shouldn’t be hard to include other investment areas in the future (such as youth academy) or change / improve the behaviour of existing ones (such as scouting / physiotherapy / coaching).

January 07, 2013 02:18

828 posts(s)

so when is this new thing to start ?

January 07, 2013 16:03

639 posts(s)

Donator

And what happens with the current money? Let’s say a club sells a player for 300M just before the new system starts, has it just lost a good player without any benefits?

January 07, 2013 21:00

828 posts(s)

i get the feeling the transfer market is gonna be completely dead soon ppl want to charge inflated prices for thier players yet unwilling to pay them when they want someone elses player. the prices i set are final. dont like them ? dont bid
i will not lower my prices unless it is a reasonable offer that is 10% higher than est value because money has fk all to do with this game we make it and theres no quality to spend it on

January 08, 2013 04:32

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

The new thing will hopefully start in 1 or 2 seasons. The foundations are ready but the impact on the existing transfer system and stadium effects are yet to be implemented. Also the logic to instantly convert from the current model to the new one needs to be finalised.

We are still to decide what happens with the current money. The most likely scenario is use it for the instant conversion to the new model to decide the investment levels for the current season, this way teams that have excellent financial situation will have a better start. Of course this will only matter for the season when the change happens, in the following seasons the manager will have flexibility to adjust the investment levels based on his prior season performance.