Player's next age

Subscribe to Player's next age 10 post(s), 6 voice(s)

September 13, 2007 20:55

75 posts(s)

Is it possible to give us the information of when’s the players’ birthday… Like when in you see a particular player page, there is:

maybe near this could be something like:

I don’t know… hehehe, anything that could give us the information =)

September 13, 2007 22:13

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

very good suggestion. it is on our list now. thanks!

September 14, 2007 02:19

130 posts(s)

I always assumed everyone aged 1 year every season’s first turn… there are specific turns for each and every player, as a “birthturn”?

September 14, 2007 06:50

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Hey guys, Ricardo is correct, players will get older on season tick.

September 14, 2007 06:59

75 posts(s)

oh… okay… wow… the birthday cake will have to be big this day…

Is it going to be like this after beta?

September 14, 2007 08:09

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Yes, unless most of the users don’t like this ideia. What do you think, would birthdays add something important to the game?

September 14, 2007 08:34

75 posts(s)

Not a priority… If ruby’s system stays with these “turns” I think it’s better cause it’s simple…

I was just asking for curiosity

September 14, 2007 09:14

47 posts(s)

Gabriel, age is only important if you link it to something that makes the player decline in ability as he gets older.

Theres no point in having individual birthdays, just age everybody 1 year at turn season 2 etc.

But, if for example, players LOSE ability over age 33 or 35, the age will become very much more important. If you the players ability will remain constant or increase until he retires, age is not so important.

This is something for later in the development. Congratulations so far, I think you have a great thing going here. Good luck :)

September 14, 2007 09:28

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

our plan is to make age have the effect you mentioned, commanche (decline players abilities). I pointed the suggestion as a good one because not everybody will read the wiki (as a player, I wouldnt if that was not 150% necessary).
I will discuss with Gabriel, but i think it would be nice for the user to be somehow perfectly clear when his players are going to age, whether this will happen at the season tick for everybody or not.
And thanks :).

September 14, 2007 09:39

14 posts(s)

I can make a cake icon! Maybe a hangover icon for the players who went to the party the tick before!