Shooting Distance and Passing distance

Subscribe to Shooting Distance and Passing distance 11 post(s), 5 voice(s)

July 18, 2011 07:15

828 posts(s)

have an option to do a mixed of short , medium and long (mixed)

July 19, 2011 21:29

828 posts(s)

… guess no one likes this suggestion lol

July 19, 2011 22:08

803 posts(s)

I’m not sure I understand what the suggestion is but If I read it well maybe there is no need for that. Long pass means players CAN pass the ball to a long distance but they also CAN pass the ball short or medium so it is in fact a mix pass… It doesn’t mean players will always and only make long passes. When you use medium pass players will do medium AND short passes but not long ones. Same thinking about shooting.

I’m not entirely sure about this but again, it is the way I remember when this was announced and been using since…

July 19, 2011 22:24

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

Filipe’s explanation is quite accurate. The only addition I would make is that even though it is already mixed for shooting distance, if you pick the long option players are more likely to do long shots than medium and short one, whereas with passing when you pick medium or short you’re only restricting the passing distance, not enforcing it, as Filipe said.

July 20, 2011 00:02

828 posts(s)

so long shooting they shoot short and medium too ?

July 20, 2011 00:35

65 posts(s)

Donator

I am not well versed in this aspect of the game, but does it work something like this:

What you choose restricts your player to that level:

1. passing setup
a) short passing – only does short passes
b) medium passing – player does a mix of short and medium length passing depending on open players
c) long passing – player will do either a short, medium or long pass depending on open players

2. shooting setup
a) short shooting – will keep the ball until they reach the short range shooting distance
b) medium shooting – will shoot either from the medium or short range distance depending on the strength of opposing defence
c) long shooting – will shoot from either long, medium or short range distance depending on the strength of opposing defence

Is this information correct or if wrong can someone provide some clarifying information.

July 20, 2011 00:57

828 posts(s)

^ this is my current understanding and hope its how it is

July 20, 2011 05:45

609 posts(s)

Kuroyuki,

I don’t think 2a is correct, they can still pass the ball before shooting.

July 20, 2011 10:56

65 posts(s)

Donator

Vaughn I wasn’t inferring that one player keeps the ball but the team (referred to as they) keeps the ball until it gets within the distance for short range shooting.

July 20, 2011 11:45

803 posts(s)

That would have more to do with the pass frequency :D

July 21, 2011 01:28

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

@Kuroyuki that’s exactly how it works.