The help function topic

Subscribe to The help function topic 1 post(s), 1 voice(s)

July 02, 2011 20:01

609 posts(s)

Let’s gather some ideas! 1 topic shout away, i’ll go first:

Currently working with the wiki page is old, out of date en unorganised to where the game is at the moment. There is a need and demand for a decent help funtion, especially to new managers which we defitnally need in the game.

Creating a new part on the website, like the forum, where managers can keep track of develpment, the needed adjustments and most importent the basic of the game.

Up to date
A way to keep the help function up to date i suggest the following;
- a way that ppl can send in suggestions/ corrections and new content
- some moderators who keep track of the send in information and post them if needed on the help page

Menu
First of all, we don’t need a help funtion site where you need help to find anything. Within the help function a visitor shouldn’t have to click more then twice in the menu and only one inside that content text. With use of breadcrumbs visitors should have a good overview of where they are and how to get back.

How to start
- we need to get a flowchart, which menu buttons do we want, which submenu buttons and what do you want to tell the visitors
- on the last point, the content, we should make a simple rule on what we will put out in public and which we don’t put out. We surelly don’t want to put out all the information, there should still be a little self inventing (like what filipementioned on the forum, something he thinks he founded out and works for him team :p)
- design
- content!!!

If anyone has any other ideas or modifications about my plan then please post them here so we have 1 general topic about this issue.

Nicky