Formation interface control

Subscribe to Formation interface control 2 post(s), 2 voice(s)

May 06, 2011 00:58

65 posts(s)

Donator

I don’t know how hard this will be to implement but here is my suggestion.

Currently team formation is sorted through a click and drag operation. You click and hold a player and drag it to the desired position. This may work on a PC, notebook or netbook but it doesn’t work on a mobile device (i.e. a smartphone). As when you go to move a player by click and drag, instead of moving the player, you move the screen around. So my suggestion is to move players via tapping only rather than click and drag. So it would work like this: You tap on “Player A”, the player is highlighted, you then tap on the location you wish the player to go. An example: you wish to replace a player on field, so you tap on the bench player you wish to use, then tap on the on field player you wish to place on the bench. In my opinion this method would be more friendly for those utilising a touchscreen interface than the current click and drag player movement.

May 07, 2011 03:28

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

That’s a good suggestion, though it’s not trivial to implement. As you said, the drag and drop feature works fine on PCs, notebooks, etc, so our plan is to have a simpler version of the formations screen specifically designed for smartphones. If we find a good way to use your suggestion we’ll definitely consider it! :-)