Google ranking

Subscribe to Google ranking 3 post(s), 3 voice(s)

October 07, 2010 16:47

639 posts(s)

Donator

I found RubySoccer when I tried to Google if Soccersim/Managersim still existed, but that was only because someone mentioned it in the Facebook Soccersim group. Perhaps there are more former SS/MS players doing this. So what does Google give you?

If I Google for Managersim, first place is a Rubysoccer forum post. Yay!
If I google for Soccersim, 30th place is a Rubysoccer forum post. Booh!

I tried some other search terms too:
Football manager game → No Rubysoccer in the first 50 results (hattrick only 34th to be fair)
Soccer manager game → No Rubysoccer in the first 50 results (hattrick 23rd)

For ‘football manager’ or ‘soccer manager’ there is a lot of competition, so it won’t be easy to get a high ranking for these search terms (which would probably mean attracting new players). But it should be possible that people searching for Soccersim find Rubysoccer easily, shouldn’t it?

October 07, 2010 23:32

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Yeah, that makes sense to me. I remember trying that a while back and having the same results as you. This is something we need to improve somehow. I hope people try to look for Managersim when their search for Soccersim is not successful :-D

October 08, 2010 08:08

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

In fact, you guys are our most important way to improve that. Google gives more importance to websites that have more hits. Therefore, if you invite more friends to play rubysoccer ( http://www.rubysoccer.com/invite ) , we should do better in the ranking.