Player Happiness & Player Types

Subscribe to Player Happiness & Player Types 2 post(s), 2 voice(s)

January 07, 2010 21:49

11 posts(s)

I don’t know if this is on the to do list but it would be neat to be able to manage player happiness. I think a big part of management is to make sure the players are dealt with realistically. Players want game time. Players want to get better. Players want money and stability in their contracts. Players don’t want to join a team that already has too many players in his position. Players don’t want to be transferlisted especially if he was aquired at a certain % of his contract (I’d feel 30% is a good number to avoid players being dealt as meat bags). Currently players seem content to have a contract and lack all personality or interest. I’d love to see this evolved somehow in the months to come.

What could work hand in hand with this are player types. They could be loyal or greedy with a hidden slider bar that will provide them their personal interest during contract negotiations. (Can we implement a no trace clause?) Some players don’t want to sign long terms, some other do. Some want more money than they are worth. Some can provide hometown/favorite discount depending on their personality.

Players can also be Lazy or Clutch. How dependable they be? Will they play better during specific moments in a game? The hidden bar can be used a a % that could be used every minute tick in the actual game.

Players can also more persevering than others. Will he stand there, shell shocked if his team is down a goal and let it affect his gameplay? Or will he play even harder? The hidden bar can be used a a % that could be used every minute tick in the actual game.

I got a few ideas in regards to this and ways for managers to identify these type of players. Would there be any interest in this by the Devs?

January 08, 2010 12:59

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

These are great ideas, some of them are already planned like player personality and more complex contract negotiations, but we haven’t decided the details yet so we are interested in suggestions.