Perfect Player Statistic

Subscribe to Perfect Player Statistic 10 post(s), 5 voice(s)

January 05, 2010 19:02

11 posts(s)

Hello,

I’m an old player of Soccersim and have decided to come back to Ruby Soccer to give it it’s fair shake. When I first played this Sim a long time ago, what really threw me back was the unrealistic perfect stats some players have achieved.

How often in real life would you consider someone to have a 100 shot ability? Or a 100 tackle ability? Or the ever coveted 100 pass ability? It doesn’t make much sense in having so many players achieve perfection.

I spent the better part of the last hour looking for a team to manage and I stood back, mouth open at some of these players that some of my fellow managers have gotten. What is the point of searching for a better player when you’re practically set for multiple seasons with such a player?

All I ask is strong consideration to do something about these players achieve max stats. There has to be a way to limit these guys to the low to mid 90ies, with RARE players getting above that 95 mark and if so, only in their prime.

Thank you for reading this.

January 06, 2010 07:58

637 posts(s)

I can follow your thoughts Jason and I guess you are right. In medium ticker there are less “perfect player statistics” as you call it than in fastticker but the number also grows I think.

In my opinion in the mean skills like tackling, passing and shooting let’s say a 92+ player must be one of the best and a 95+ player an exception. So the average will be between 85 and 90 in mean skills.

In secondary skill I think the average can be a little higher but not in every skill. But also here a perfect statistic must be an exception.
e.g. A small player will be good in dribbling (and speed) but less effective in heading in the average. A tall one will mostly be a good header but won’t be that maneuverable.

Keep in mind the perfect player doesn’t exist in RL so they can’t exist in ruby neither.
Players like Kaka or Ronaldo are an exeption.

January 06, 2010 12:06

637 posts(s)

What do you guys think?

January 06, 2010 12:28

651 posts(s)

i know things are not real, but then we all know about this problem and even gabriel and danilo know about this problem… Some time ago they reduced the chance of creating superstars by two percentage (2%) after similar complaints…

The problem is that it takes a long time to see the effect of such a change because they will be applicable to those players that are growing and not to the players that have already reached their maximum growth. so, for any such change to occur now it would take around 10 seasons to see its effect properly… i think you guys wait and see…

Don’t ever think that we (game players and administrators ) are not aware of the problems… we are but then we have some other pressing issues such as match engines to look at….

but any such feedback are welcomed… I hope Jason would join ruby soccer despite its shortcomings. it will take some time but i can definitely say as a game player the system has improved with time ….

January 06, 2010 17:49

11 posts(s)

I appreciate the feedback to my suggestion.
I do have a few concerns with this new information however.

Firstly, lowering 2% may or may not be enough in the long run. I have seen an abnormal amount of players having a 100 statistic.. some players even having up to 3 of them! Has there been any simulation tests run in regards to this to see how it’ll look like in 10 seasons?

Secondly, all changes done to even out the playing field (from what I read, a ridiculous amount of goals) may be in vain. If balance is being done now… what’ll happen in 10 seasons when players will top at regularly at the low 90ies? Will the dev staff need to twink the code again or hope the nerf won’t take too much into account or…?

I love the fact that the dream is still going and the constant FREE work is done by you guys. Thus I understand that this may not be a priority but I do feel it plays a big part on things and in the end be a longtime issue. As someone on the outside coming back to the game, at first glace, it looked ridiculous to see so many perfect stats on players.

Regards,

January 06, 2010 17:51

11 posts(s)

And Dirk, you’re suggestion is pretty much what I was hoping for… mid 90ies being extremely desirable for elite players with extremely rare + 95 stats.

January 07, 2010 00:09

651 posts(s)

but jason, if you check the new stats after the match engine updates last season, the number of unrealistic goals has drastically dropped down… The number of total goals in Spanish Primeria division in season 31 was 1464 goals where as that number was 962 in season 32, which means it dropped by 502 goals. Considering the match engine updates were made after some 10 games into the season, the number of goals scored is not that huge.

About 2% change, until you see the effect of this change, no body can say if that was adequate or not…

We can keep on complaining about stuffs, but basically, what we need to understand is that it is the same system for everyone. And it will take a long time to make things perfect, we just have to wait. nothing is gonna happen overnight.

Edit: it is 570 goals from 24 matches in season 33 in Spainish Primeria Division… which means it is 28.5 goals per team in 24 matches and 1.1875 goals per match per team…

January 07, 2010 16:48

299 posts(s)

I don’t think it matters much to be fair. As Nirdabdha said: it’s the same system for everyone and at the end teams always balance each other. At least for now

What actually matters is that players are evolving and, despite the 2% cut, players are having higher and higher stats.
When I rejoined in season 20, top teams in France had a points average per starting player between 595 and 610
The average now, only 12 seasons later stands between 625 and 640. Hence, an average growth of 30 pts per player or 4.3 pts/ability. And that’s for France. Brazil could have a higher average
Around season 23, I am not mistaken, the player with the highest total pts was some Brazilian with 656. Now we have Ruben Quadros of Rio Ave with 680.

What I am trying to say is that with this kind of evolutionary speed it won’t be long when all players reach 700 pts total

As it is, the system is fine, but the evolution of avergae pts/player should stop
A system should with a pts avergae/player ceiling & floor should be introduced such as:
670-680—-0.001%
660-670—-0.01%
650-660—-0.1%
640-650—-1%
630-640—-3%
620-630—-13%
610-620—-22%
600-610—-33%
590-600—-22%
-—590—-6%

The spread could be more evened of course, this is just to get an idea. The difference between ceiling and floor can be smaller: min 590 to max 560 and the range 620-630 having the biggest concentration.

January 07, 2010 21:51

11 posts(s)

In terms of goal amount results, that’s not my point unfortunately. :(

It’s the 100 stats and how often it is achieved. Sure we can wait a few season for those players to retire but have any simulations been done to see how this will look like on a mock game world?

Regards

January 08, 2010 13:00

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

No, we don’t have a simulation…we could try that in our development environments and check the real player skills distribution with the new system.