Rubysoccer ?

Subscribe to Rubysoccer ? 5 post(s), 4 voice(s)

September 05, 2007 07:10

40 posts(s)

Hello,

since this is a board for suggestions, I have one! Feel free to delete if you think it is not “in the subject”.

For me it is not clear, why did you call this game Rubysoccer? I know that ruby is a programing language, but this is a futebol game… Why rubysoccer?

And soccer is for north americans, we call it football (the original one!) … at least in Europe.

If it is worth, since all this game is about community decisions, we could decide the name too. If a new name for this game appears, I could pay you the charges for the first year domain.

thanks and keep the good job,

Ricardo Marques

September 05, 2007 11:08

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Do you prefer rubyfootball? rubymanager? What do you suggest :-)

Thanks for offering the first year domain, if needed!

September 05, 2007 11:17

10 posts(s)

Donator

I agree. Down with soccer;

I would name it ruby manager

Congatulations for the excelent work done so far.

Luís Medeiros

September 05, 2007 15:02

223 posts(s)

doesnt bother me ruby soccer or ruby manager, perhaps a poll?

September 05, 2007 15:57

40 posts(s)

Hi,

I was refering to change the ruby word also. Ruby has nothing to do with a manager football game. Actually Ruby can be misunderstood with Rugby. If I had had found this site on google, I would never figure out that it would be related to on-line football manager. This is my point!

I would suggest something completly different like … KickOffSim, KickOffManager, ManagerEvolution … or others. This is appealing for people who do not know what is rubysoccer all about. Sounds better!

… but … maybe at this point it is not a good ideia to change since people are getting used to rubysoccer name.
… also … this topic didn´t got many replies … maybe people do not care.

If you guys think that this could be worth it, let there be a pool!

(just trying to make this game better)

thanks for the attention,

Ricardo Marques