Changes in Punishments

Subscribe to Changes in Punishments 7 post(s), 3 voice(s)

November 14, 2009 14:13

651 posts(s)

Those teams playing with “hard” tackle strategy seem to be getting away lightly… it is time we introduce some more punishments for accumulations of yellow and red cards as it happens in real life…
http://www.rubysoccer.com/game/match_report/577320
In this game i got two of my best players injured and opponents got away just with a single yello card (for fouls causing injuries), and a chance of victory snatched from under my chin.

Additional punishments for yellow cards could be like

• if your card tally adds up to 5 then you are suspended for next game. ( that means you get 1+1+1 = 3 games suspension in total)
  • similarly if you get 3 red cards, you miss next 2 games for the last red card.
    (these are just some examples, we could always discuss on the nature of effective punishments.)

November 18, 2009 05:23

651 posts(s)

14 people have viewed this but no one has had time to comment…

hey guys at least say this is “bullshit” if you don’t like it…

November 18, 2009 10:05

65 posts(s)

Donator

The only issue I have is how would you distinguish between tackle intensity and earned red cards.

Maybe you could introduce a consecutive red card rule, i.e. if a player gets a red card during a game, he gets a one game suspension. If in his return game after suspension he gets another red card, then he receives a 2 game suspension. If he gets a third consecutive red card, then he gets suspended for the remainder of the season. I call it the “three consecutive red cards and your out for the season” policy.
This sequence can be reset if the player before receiving a third consecutive red card has a card free game.

Would this policy be too harsh or would it be fair?

November 18, 2009 11:49

651 posts(s)

out of season would be too harsh for any player…

any red card received during a match is an earned red card…

my breakdown is as follows…

Yellow Cards:
first 2 yellow cards : 1 game ban ( total yellow cards 2)
second 2 yellow cards : 1 game ban ( total yellow cards 4)
5th yellow card: 1 game ban. ( total yellow cards 5… and card count does not reset to zero, that means 6th would mean another game ban because it is a consecutive 2 card )

Red Card:
First red card: 1 game ban (total red card 1)
second red card: 1 game ban (total red cards 2)
3rd red card: 2 game ban

November 18, 2009 12:12

803 posts(s)

Don’t know if this is necessary… I play most games without at least one main team player because of suspension, and the agressiveness tactic is normal…
That game of yours was probably the exception and surely a good ocasion for your oponent to use hard tackling :D

November 18, 2009 13:41

651 posts(s)

hehe… filipe, i will still not sell Roberto Talavera ;) :P

November 18, 2009 14:50

803 posts(s)

I just bought the M R I was looking for and he is suspended for the cup final so you see there’s no problem :P Talavera would be great now :D