Changing international games

Subscribe to Changing international games 23 post(s), 6 voice(s)

July 16, 2009 10:24

678 posts(s)

Now It was nice to see group stages about 5 seasons ago, but now it is time to even improve them further. I think any manager in this game just LOVES international play.

I know it’s not nice to always keep bringing up Managersim, since you work hard on this game, but I will. I want to see the international games totally change. Having it like it was on managersim. I wouldn’t mind having a vote here among the “challanging” teams.

I would like to see the games spread out during the season. Why do we want to “ram” it though right away? It go’s by to fast! I want to suggest the following things.

- Spreading CL games out through out the season.
I think it’s fun to play CL games, and I hate to have to wait for it untill tick 90 andd it being over within 20 ticks (if you don’t get past group).

- In the future I wouldn’t mind getting a Round 1 and Round 2. I assume it’s not possible now with no teams around, but isn’t there a way to dream up something here so it is possible? Expanding the teams allowed to play internatiol games? This would be stepping away from reality. Option?

- The qualifying CL teams should move to UEFA/EL if they don’t qualify. This might help against “cheating”. Teams losing because they want to have uefa instead of CL. If you don’t qualify for CL you are out. Why risk it if you can be in UEFA without qualifying? This is not a good representations of reality. I’m not saying everything has to be, but this is a good example where it should.

I would like to see some votes here and know from Gabriel if there are options here or even plans on these things in the future.

Regards,
Sylvain from Brest

July 16, 2009 10:33

609 posts(s)

1. Spreading, i would like to see abit more spreading out yeah..something like the national cup maybe?
2. Mwah, not really a statement/opinion about that :)
3. YES! very nice idea!!!!

July 16, 2009 10:33

803 posts(s)

I think that is planned, at least the fist and second suggestion, we just need to wait till there are enough countries to implement that.

Regards

July 16, 2009 11:23

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

1. Let’s see how much we’ll be able to spread them. Remember they will start earlier in the season due to the new club world cup format, but they have to end before the world cup starts.
2. We’ll have them, for sure, when we have more countries ;)
3. Not sure yet. This was my initial idea, so we’ll probably do that.

July 16, 2009 12:17

678 posts(s)

I personally think the 3rd is the most important and easiest option right? Will help with some of the problems I read about. Managers getting bribed and stuff :)

How long before any new things will be implemented?

July 16, 2009 12:37

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Our focus now is the newspaper. Of course I’ve been doing some smaller things in parallel, but mostly bug fixes or really small enhancements. As always, it’s hard to say when things will happen, but I expect to start something more interesting next week.

July 17, 2009 10:31

678 posts(s)

Bummer. Especially the CL qualifying thing I wouldn’t mind seeing right away. Don’t get CL → move to uefa. It can’t be such a hard thing to encode can it?

July 17, 2009 10:36

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

You’re right, this one shouldn’t be hard ;)
In which uefa round eliminated CL teams should join?

July 17, 2009 11:02

609 posts(s)

You first have the qualifying round for both CL and EL. If you don’t get to the group phase in CL then move to group phase in EL ? Isn’t that how it work irl?

July 17, 2009 12:03

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I’ve read a little bit about uefa cup and europa league on wikipedia…it’s far more complex than that. I know it’s cool when things are designed like in real life but we’ve been trying to standardize some things in the game to make it faster to develop and maintain, and also to make it fair for all countries. For instance, in some countries the national cup winner go to uefa cup, but in Brazil the cup winner goes to Libertadores (which would be equivalent to CL). Maintaining each country / continent specific rules could be hard, and making international cups completely different between continents could unbalance the ranking.
We will add a fake club world cup, so I guess most people are not really concerned about no following all real life rules. Of course we can always make polls to find out :D

July 17, 2009 20:10

678 posts(s)

Gabriel. I know it’s more complex in real life. But again I’m pulling the Managersim card. If you don’t qualify for Cl → move to Uefa/EL Group stages. In managersim when you got knocked out of CL, you moved to uefa right away. Infact, if you were 3rd in your group of CL in round 1, you also moved to uefa. But then again, managersim had a knockout tournament with uefa, while ruby has group stages.
You simply can’t get around the fact that playing internatinonal games is the most fun. I hope you can implement that ASAP.

July 17, 2009 20:33

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

We can’t forget the difference that would cause between european and south american competitions. I believe we are going in the standardization direction, not implementing that kind of specific rules. I’m tempted in doing a poll about that, as I said, cause we have to choose to either have the specific rules or a more integrated RubySoccer world were every country / continent follow the same standard rules so they can be compared and compete fairly against each other.

July 18, 2009 09:29

678 posts(s)

you should have sticked with just europe :)….less problems :)

July 18, 2009 12:16

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

We want to go further than ManagerSim, so Europe wouldn’t be enough! :D

July 19, 2009 08:51

678 posts(s)

perhaps you should have gone with the basics. Get to the level of Managersim and then go beyond. Start with europe and then go bigger. You say you can’t have Round 1 and 2 yet because you don’t have enough people playing. I hope you know that you actually do have enough people playing, but they don’t play together. If you would put all those players in south america in europe or visa versa you would be able to have the european games like Managersim had. It’s because they are devided that you are unable to…..

July 19, 2009 12:27

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

We added South America because we missed it on MS and we were able to attract lots of brazilians to the game because of that. We added Europe because it has great leagues and international competitions in real life, and that’s what we should start with as we came from MS. We simply couldn’t start with only one of them :D
We understand more countries are fundamental for the fun of the game, even if we don’t have enough people on them yet ;)

July 19, 2009 12:38

609 posts(s)

Maybe make the cpu teams more interactive? Like selling/buying players and more “normal” lineups? Not like 5-4-1 or 2-4-4..

July 19, 2009 16:14

678 posts(s)

eurotest in Managersim had all kinds of extra countries, that you could not join. This just to make sure R1 and R2 was also possible in that gameworld. Perhaps this could be an idea? Add like ghost countries for now in order to expand the internation options?

July 20, 2009 04:09

651 posts(s)

i think we should move ahead from this “what we had before” and “what we shouldn’t have had no” argument… that is going to lead us nowhere… i am sure we are going to get a solution that fits all… after all, having both the continents has added more excitement, at least that is what i feel. Users are divided, but then if you check the top leagues of the established countries in the fast ticker (countries added before Netherlands), they are almost full…

vaughn’s suggestion could be one to explore… although more users would always be better

July 20, 2009 08:31

803 posts(s)

The base problem I see is this: we need to get more people to play RS…

The network communities can help with that but I think we could do better. What if we encourage the actual players to invite people to the game? We could have a inviting sistem where people would get money (RS money) for bringing more players to the game. This would have to be moderated so we could avoid cheeters etc…

Regards

July 20, 2009 12:05

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

@Vaughn: yes, cpu teams surely need to be more interactive and improve their lineups, that’s for sure! I’ve add an enhancement for that.
@Sly: I don’t like the idea of ghost countries, I’d rather improve CPU teams and add more manageable countries.
@Filipe: I don’t like the idea of giving RS money for those who bring users to the game, we already have enough problems with cheaters and multi-users and this is not easy to monitor. If we have a pay-to-play system we’d certainly have this kind of reward, as people would have to pay if they wanted to cheat ;)

July 20, 2009 17:48

223 posts(s)

I also remembered something real small time but, in my point of view funny and easy to implement, perhaps?

In MS we had in each player page if he was adapted (which could be fully adapted, not adapted or so so) and the hapiness of the player which could lead to another sweet implications when training, playing, renewing contracts…

I don’t know if any of you guys brought it up, just thought better to mention that!

cheers

July 20, 2009 19:11

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

@Alexandre: yes, we plan to have something similar and give more free will to the player.