Losing youths ?

Subscribe to Losing youths ? 21 post(s), 7 voice(s)

July 10, 2009 06:04

375 posts(s)

Amac gave me a bright idea !

Additionally It seems like the only advantage of playing in a top league is receiving better youths right now but because of the squad limit we have to let go some of them or fire semi-developed players to open up space. So its not a real of an advantage and everybody can get their share of promising youths which is cool.But the problem is it takes 6-7 years to fully develop a player and 3 youths on average asking contracts a year. With this rate you have to give up way too much. I am sure everyone would hate to fire a player that they put time to develop to open space for a youth.

So, my suggestion is simple:
increase the time youths spend in the youth academy
Sometimes you get a youth aged 16 in the last ticks of the season. Next season he is already 17. Soon he asks for a contract. So, make them be able to stay at the youth academy before they reach 19 or 20. Or let them come at the age of 15. Generally, if the youths spend in the academy 50% more time, it will benefit more than squad size increase.

July 10, 2009 06:18

241 posts(s)

Yeah that would be a solution….slowing down the supply of new players can also bring some activity to the transfer market which is dead right now.

July 10, 2009 07:37

651 posts(s)

sensible idea:)

July 10, 2009 09:17

637 posts(s)

It’s a good idea in strong leagues like Brazil where you have at least several good youth players of the 6 players you get.
In minor leagues the chance of getting a good youth is much smaller (lower country ranking) so when none of your youth is good you need to wait 3 or 4 seasons till you can release them and get a new one.

July 10, 2009 09:21

375 posts(s)

Currently almost any player is good…but we have so many youths released by stronger countries like Brazil and Spain that noone pays attention to developing players from weaker leagues. I am sure with less players there will be more stars from EVERY country if the overall skills don’t get decreased, of course.

July 10, 2009 13:10

241 posts(s)

Thats an interesting idea Kuroyuki.

Dirk , in medium ticker i play in Argentina which is currently ranked 6th. I have developed some pretty good players. A 100 keeping 100 speed goalie, 98 and 96 tackle defenders, one 91 passing midfielder, two 92 shooting one 93 shooting attackers over the course of six seasons or so. Thats not bad for a country ranked 6th in the rankings IMO. Better overall from what i got from my team in Fast Ticker Brazil in the same period.

How can you explain this? Can we assume it is depended on more luck than rankings? I think Alban has a point here when he says “Currently almost any player is good”..they just need alot of playing time.

July 10, 2009 13:14

803 posts(s)

I’m not sure I reed correctly but you are complaining that you have to fire excellent players because the team is too good? :P

At least in the Portuguese league that is not a problem :P

Now seriously, you only fire the player because you believe he will not become as good or better than the ones in your team. But that player can be a star in a lower country… My best players are Brasilian an yet they would probably not be used by you if you had them on America-RN, because you had better ones…

July 10, 2009 13:32

241 posts(s)

There is no way to tell which player will become better, if you fire a player before he turns 24 you can easily regret it later.Thats exactly what is being discussed here. Being forced to fire a player because of the squad limit not because you believe he wont be good.

July 10, 2009 14:21

71 posts(s)

Donator

I liked the system in ms where your coach would mail you telling you this player is going to be a star, it wasn’t always true but gave you some indication, he would also tell you if he wouldnt improove your team. Maybe this is something that could be added in time or maybe this is making the managers job too easy?

July 10, 2009 14:54

375 posts(s)

2 Torte that was a bad option – when you have one of the top teams even a very good player wouldn’t be enough for an improvement ;)
2 Felipe the players come at an unrealistically high rate.
xxx
Current situation: players reach top potential at 23-24 years. Players ask for the promotion at 17-18 years. You have to wait 6 seasons to see what he grows into. Of course, if he has all low 60-s or very low skills, you can release him, knowing that he wouldn’t grow into 99 sho, spe and dri for sure. But there exists an opinion that the squad size should be increased because currently everyone has about 30 players and gets at least 2 youths per year to be promoted. I say that it is useless to increase the size of the squad because promoting 2 youths each season will make your squad a kindergarten…The better way is to increase the time that those 6 (ok, maximum 8 maybe ? =)) youths will have to spend in the academy to prove that they are worth using in the main squad and to get rid of those bad thoughts that that player in that French team was your undervalued released youth =))

July 10, 2009 16:52

803 posts(s)

We know all players develop an average of 20 points each skill, that gives us a clue if the player can or can’t become a star. Even if he wont become that star we can give him a contract in order to be able to sell him. We just need to manage the number of players we have in the main team. I have 29 players now, just because I will give a contract to my youth keeper, if there comes another good youth I will haver to sell a player from the main squad (lowering prices)…

If your idea goes ahead I believe the gap between Brasil and the other countries will be even greater. No star will leave Brasil leaving the other countries in disadvantage in the long turn…

Regards

July 10, 2009 17:08

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Filipe has a good point about no star leaving Brazil if we increase the squad size. It shouldn’t be uncommon to lose a future star because you don’t have room for this player in your squad. The way things are now you have to choose some players and try to improve them. So far I like the luxury tax idea amac gave in another topic where you’d pay an extra tax to have more players in your squad.
As an alternative we could remove the limit and make The Board unhappy for having so many players in the squad. This way you’d receive board messages from time to time complaining about that, and lose points with the board if you don’t get rid of the extra players. The more extra players you have more points you’d lose.
A more realistic approach would be remove the limit but make players unhappy for not playing official matches. Of course a player with much lower stats than your top players wouldn’t become unhappy that easily, but when you have too many players they’d probably become unhappy at some point. Enhanced player free will is good for the game in many aspects like helping the market to become more interesting.

July 10, 2009 20:22

71 posts(s)

Donator

Personally i like the idea of player free will, not wanting to renew contracts, becoming unhappy at not being played, but i think the easiest option to start with would be to try Albans idea of longer time spent in the acadamy. Another option would be allowing a youth to develop more points not a max of 15% per season during his youth period.

July 10, 2009 20:48

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

The development for youths is already 2 times faster and 20% allowed per season, in the average ;)

July 10, 2009 21:23

375 posts(s)

Gabriel, Felipe, there are cool players in at least 5 top countries, Brazilian players are almost the same as Spanish, for example. But there are so many good Brazilians around the world because Brazilian teams let them go. Less Youths will result inmore stars from France, Italy, Portugal and etc. We have not somany managers and they sign all Brazilians but miss other nationalities, it doesn’t mean European youths are muchworse….. They arecjust victims of a stereotype.

July 10, 2009 21:24

375 posts(s)

iPhones suck…

July 10, 2009 23:56

803 posts(s)

Players morale would be great, become unhappy and won’t renewal contract, etc…

Alban, the super stars are still in Brasil, we have some minor stars. And it is not true we woud have great european (exept spanish) stars in our teams, at least not to compete with spanish or Brasilian (World cup), they come much less often and are not that great. You see most of the best players of eupean teams are Brasilian or Spanish…

Regards

July 11, 2009 00:30

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

What Alban says makes sense. Of course we’d still have more Brazilian and Spanish stars, but the difference between the first and the last country youths is just 5 points per skill.

July 11, 2009 02:04

241 posts(s)

Its all about probability: buying more tickets for a lottery increase your chances to win with a small margin but doesn’t guarantee anything. Managing a team in Brazil all these seasons i have received some stars yes but never had a star attacker that can make all the difference for example. The rankings are being overrated and i am sure they will change when world club competition comes alive.

July 11, 2009 07:41

375 posts(s)

So, Gabriel, if you confirm that the difference between Brazilians and Russians is just 5 points, this idea can work, no ?

July 11, 2009 13:43

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Yes, I agree that sometimes managers in low ranked coutries underestimate their youths :)