Wishlist for Santa =)

Subscribe to Wishlist for Santa =) 12 post(s), 5 voice(s)

July 08, 2009 11:32

375 posts(s)

1) Better match engine:
- less shots
- weaker GKs
- more chances to score from a shot
- more goals from midfielders
- 10x decrease of one-touch shots (or 10x decrease in their accuracy)
- the players should maintain the formation
- don’t give 3 points to each skill of the home team, maximum 1
- add more ways to control players’ determination and fatigue
- decrease passing accuracy – about 50% for long pass, 65% for medium pass, 75% for short
- increase tackling accuracy to at least 60% per match
- add dribbling accuracy % in the report and decrease it =)
2) Players skills:
- decrease players’ skills, I think the chances to develop a star should be 3 times lower
- playing matches players should be able to acquire new positions
- add happiness, we can keep a superstar on the bench for the whole season at the moment
3) Economics
- add transfer windows
- expand the contracts, add clauses and players’ wishes and reactions
- players worth 50M+ should get be paid at least 50k per week or become unhappy
- players should better choose a club to play for, not the weakest side for sure
- some clauses should be able to decrease the wage significantly, but it would be harder to keep the player
- add the option to cancel the contract without fee if both sides agree
- don’t let the clubs to accumulate infinite sums of cash – the Board should control it and offer the options to spend cash after 1 season
- overall wages should be at least 2 times higher than now
- sponsor contracts should be signed with different goals and bonuses
- football economics shouldn’t be as profitable as it is now
4) Clubs
- increase squad limit
- remove friendlies, change to B teams competitions
- add fanbase, which will react on results and transfers
- add detaied team history
- add national squads
5) Gameworld
- add more countries and regions and lower leagues
- add the ability to “exchange” the clubs – 2 managers with close ranks should be able to exchange teams for a new challenge =)
- the newspaper and interviews are essential to keep the interest, also manager of the month, player of the month awards
- make it more interesting to change clubs after a while =)

July 08, 2009 13:30

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Nice wish list! Most of these suggestions are possible, some of them are already planned. Let me write a few comments about some of the topics:
1) Better match engine:
- less shots: absolutely, yes
- weaker GKs: probably necessary when we have less shots
- more chances to score from a shot: consequence of the above topic
- more goals from midfielders: need to figure out a good way to do that in the current logic
- 10x decrease of one-touch shots (or 10x decrease in their accuracy): I was thinking of completely eliminating the possibility of a player receiving and shooting in the same “match turn”, meaning you’d see in the replay the ball with the attacker before he shoots
- the players should maintain the formation: don’t they? :)
- don’t give 3 points to each skill of the home team, maximum 1: not sure about this one, in the tests I did by the time this was implemented 1 point almost didn’t make any difference
- add more ways to control players’ determination and fatigue: this could be done automatically at first (if your team is ahead by 3 goals the players slow down) and a control could be added later
- add dribbling accuracy % in the report and decrease it: interesting
2) Players skills:
- decrease players’ skills, I think the chances to develop a star should be 3 times lower: there are 3 ways of doing that, we can make the players starting skills lower (current average is 70 for a top country), we can make they develop less in the average (current average is 20 points per skill)
- playing matches players should be able to acquire new positions: something like that is already planned
- add happiness, we can keep a superstar on the bench for the whole season at the moment: agreed
3) Economics
- add transfer windows: not sure about that…
- expand the contracts, add clauses and players’ wishes and reactions: planned
- players worth 50M+ should get be paid at least 50k per week or become unhappy: I agree we should raise the wages in general
- players should better choose a club to play for, not the weakest side for sure: adding player wish could be interesting, we just need to be careful to not make good players always refuse small teams
- add the option to cancel the contract without fee if both sides agree: need to think about it
- don’t let the clubs to accumulate infinite sums of cash – the Board should control it and offer the options to spend cash after 1 season: need to think about good ways to spend cash
- overall wages should be at least 2 times higher than now: I agree we should raise the wages in general
- sponsor contracts should be signed with different goals and bonuses: interesting, not easy to implement ;)
- football economics shouldn’t be as profitable as it is now: agreed
4) Clubs
- increase squad limit: some friends have been asking that for a while…but how would you keep them if you have higher wages ;)
- remove friendlies, change to B teams competitions: interesting, but really hard to do
- add fanbase, which will react on results and transfers: very interesting
- add detailed team history: planned
- add national squads: planned
5) Gameworld
- add more countries and regions and lower leagues: welcome Russia! Lower leagues will probably wait, more countries have higher priority
- add the ability to “exchange” the clubs – 2 managers with close ranks should be able to exchange teams for a new challenge: I don’t like it, could be used to prevent being fired
- the newspaper and interviews are essential to keep the interest, also manager of the month, player of the month awards: Danilo is taking care of the newspaper, initial version will be ready soon
- make it more interesting to change clubs after a while: how? need to figure it out

July 08, 2009 13:33

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

If anybody wants to talk about a specific topic on this list please create a new topic (search if it already exists first) in the suggestions forum. If you wanna talk about the wish list in general feel free to post it here ;)

July 08, 2009 16:01

609 posts(s)

i have some small comments (not gonne make a new topic :P);

- wages
Should be kept this way, i only get like $400.000 per 3ticks on a home game and lose $80.000 on a not home game. I got only coaching 9 to keep the costs lower, how in earth would it be better to make the wages higher? I’m not a small club, but higher wages would ruin ALOT of small clubs cause they can’t pay the wages! I try to keep my wages small at all costs, but because of the previous managers i’m kinda forced to give them 15/20k all the time.

- transfer
We really need a longer time to think about a transfer i think, 3 ticks is REALLY fast for a transfer in my opinion. I think if you move that up to 9 and let managers “overbit” on the current transfer price there would come more interaction.

- graphics (new)
i think someone was to lazy to ask for a new country symbol for Russia !!!?!???!?!

July 08, 2009 16:20

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Regarding graphics, I didn’t ask for a Russia country symbol for 2 reasons:
- I didn’t want to reveal Russia was gonna be added ;)
- The page design will change soon and we probably won’t use the spherical symbols anymore (you’ll see why)
Danilo is using the newspaper layout you suggested, by the way, it’s really nice!

July 08, 2009 16:54

71 posts(s)

Donator

I’m with vaughn on the wages, mine aren’t particularly high but i lose around 100k when i don’t have a home game. Wages should be somehow comparative to value ( i’m sure they already are ), so that if someone is paying 100mil for a player they’re going to have to pay the wages to go with it, reducing the richer teams earning potential.

July 08, 2009 21:04

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

To be honest the whole economy should and will be reviewed. Sponsorship, merchandise, player wages, etc. There are a few improvements planned for a long time regarding wage negotiation. These are smaller things and will probably be implemented before this review and won’t affect the economy that much.

July 09, 2009 13:50

241 posts(s)

I have couple of questions: the ticket prices are the same in all countries? And i would also like to know if you get same points winning a game in Brazil and some other league like in Paraguay in terms of ranking?

July 10, 2009 00:33

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Ticket prices are the same in all countries.
The number of ranking points earned in a win or draw depends on the opponent quality, not on the country. Of course as you have higher quality teams in Brazil you earn more points in a victory against a brazilian team than agains a team from Paraguay :)

July 10, 2009 02:40

241 posts(s)

Hmm thanks Gabriel. So basically clubs around the world has more or less same income. We have to remember that you need good players to compete in high level leagues and good players come with high wages. If you decide to increase the wages please consider these two facts. Dynamic ticket prices maybe be a solution.
Additionally It seems like the only advantage of playing in a top league is receiving better youths right now but because of the squad limit we have to let go some of them or fire semi-developed players to open up space. So its not a real of an advantage and everybody can get their share of promising youths which is cool.But the problem is it takes 6-7 years to fully develop a player and 3 youths on average asking contracts a year. With this rate you have to give up way too much. I am sure everyone would hate to fire a player that they put time to develop to open space for a youth.
So you can maybe consider at least to increase the squad limit for example by adding 5 more possible spots in expense for a tax.
We can call it luxury tax :0
30 +1: You pay %10 off your total wage as luxury tax every billing cycle if you decide to add one extra player to your squad.
%15 for 2 , %20 for 3 and so on.

July 10, 2009 05:36

375 posts(s)

Or….idea !

July 10, 2009 10:44

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Luxury tax…interesting!