Win the league awards

Subscribe to Win the league awards 21 post(s), 9 voice(s)

July 03, 2009 04:53

828 posts(s)

wheres the cash for winning the league :)

i won the league and it was just like winning any other game.

would be nice to have a award system… some kind of cash reward or something

July 03, 2009 06:06

609 posts(s)

won the league? i actually see you in 6th position…

July 03, 2009 08:28

637 posts(s)

I think he means he won it 2 seasons ago Vaugh :)

July 03, 2009 11:10

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

Every time I think about prizes I get worried about ruining the game economy…I think we should have prizes (this is in our list) but maybe we should work on other economy improvements first.

July 06, 2009 00:34

828 posts(s)

the game ecomony is already ruined with the b.s prices of players

July 06, 2009 05:56

609 posts(s)

says the one who sells someone for, what was it, 140mill? Transfer prices will be as high as they want, since humans decide either to sell expensive or buy expensive.

July 06, 2009 13:15

35 posts(s)

The Current problem with giving cash for achievements, such as wining cups or being # 1 after the season is that very few clubs will just get richer, and most of the clubs will just fall under more misery, for example here are the latest winners in the last 5 seasons for every country:

England:
Arsenal X 1
Sunderland X 1
Blackpool X 1
Scunthorpe United X 2

Fance:
Brest X 3
Monaco X 1
Paris-SG X 1

Germany:
Hertha BSC Berlin X 5

Italy:
Juventus X 1
Genoa X 1
Napoli X 3

Netherlands:
Groningen X 1
NAC X 2
Roosendaal X 2

Portugal:
Benfica X 4
Belenenses X 1

Spain:
Recreativo Huelva X 2
Getafe X 2
Atletico Madrid X 1

Argentina:
Boca Juniors X 4
Almte. Brown X 1

Brazil:
Santo André X 1
América-RN X 2
Palmeiras X 1
Paraná X 1

Paraguay: (4 seasons)
Olimpia X 1
Fernando de la Mora X 1
Libertad X 2

Uruguay: (4 seasons)
Danubio X 2
Cerro Largo X 2

If you total all the teams that has a chance to win the league in each country there are a total of 200 teams (in 1st divisions) and only 11 teams can be champions that is 11/200X100= 5.5% that means that only 5.5% of all the teams can substantially Make MORE money than the other 94.5 % and in the long run lets say 5 seasons that percentage of teams making money will be even less for example: with the exception of Paraguay and Uruguay (with 4 seasons) the other countries have 172 teams: 172 teams X 5 seasons = 860, Paraguay and Uruguay have 28 teams with 4 seasons each 28X4=112 that is 860+112=972, we actually only had 30 different league winners 30/972X100=3.08% this means that in 5 seasons only over 3% of teams have had make money from winning titles, I understand that it is important to be recognized when you win something, and money can be the biggest incentive, but I think that something else has to be done first so that this game can be a bit more balanced; and not let if fall in a monotony, with the same champions every season.

July 06, 2009 16:05

609 posts(s)

bigger clubs have more advantage…i don’t think so rly. Like now we don’t have rewards and u see any difference? it’s all about the manager, buy cheap players or from free transfer and hope the grow to become a star and sell expensive. Cutting the costs of your finance. There isn’t much more to do. So smaller teams have a small chance to get big, once again, it all depends on the manager buying players and selling (or keeping the stars :P).

Just check real life, there aren’t many small team who have grown big in a small amount of time. It takes time to develp players. The only advantage bigger clubs have are a little bit more income and better players to sell. But the bigger teams also have to take yought to keep growing, why can’t a small team do that? We all have the same free transfer list, ok some have better country ranking ;) but they can’t keep all the players cause there is a limit.

I’ve sold this season only like 1 players (or maybe end prev season) and bought alot of yought for alot of money, it’s a chance i’m willing to take to make maybe 1 or 2 stars from the 6 players i bought for a total of 75mill! If they all don’t grow i’m in big shit to :)

Maybe a reward compared to there matches won/goals scored/goals against, something like this (taken genoa);
30 wins x $25.000 = $750.000
+
110 goals for x $1.000 = $110.000
= $860.000
-
31 goals against x $5.000 = $155.000
= total: $705.000 reward

July 06, 2009 16:41

299 posts(s)

Vaughn I don’t think you should charge more for goals allowed than for goals scored. That would financially kill teams at the bottom of the table

Le Havre (ranked 17th) = 7×25k + 37×1k – 98X5 = 306k – 490k= (184000)

Anyway, the sums applied here are symbolical and do not make that much of a difference in a team’s income.

I think a reward system should be complemented, but it should by far not match the basic source of income which comes from sales vs purchases of player (including here growing successful youth)

What most people should understand is that:
1.Success gets rewarded therefore successful teams should have bigger incomes based on rewards
2.As many managers from big teams have explained before, it’s not cash in possession that counts (financially speaking cash in hand is pretty much useless as it does not generate income).
The real wealth of the club is its assets (its players). Ppl should take notice that when Big Team A buys a player worth 150 Mln, it probably managed to do so by selling 2-3 of its players to raise the money, rather that just unloading cash from its back account :)

July 06, 2009 17:23

299 posts(s)

Example (similar to Vaughn’s post above): Strasbourg

At the end of season 23 Strasbourg sold its 2 best players for a total of 90 mill
Since then Strasbourg has bought a total of 14 players in the market spending 87.6 mill. The real value (not the market value) was much smaller)
2 of the players bought have been sold for a total of 17 mill and the rest have a total value of 108.4 mill as listed in the players page. However, the market value of all this players is higher! only 2 players have finished growth, the rest will keep increasing in value
From simple calculations we have:
Purchases = 87.6 mill (market value)
Value = 125.4 mill (real value)
Profit = 37.6 mill

I can gladly conclude strasbourg has made good business by growing its assets and let’s not forget in terms of market values the team’s wealth is much higher than 125.4 mill

Lastly, I have not included another 18 players purchased between the age of 17-20 on free starting 4 seasons ago (when I took the job), whose value is pretty much all profit after substracting the money spend on their wages :).

July 06, 2009 17:46

609 posts(s)

uhm dhimitri, my example was only for the league winner :)

July 06, 2009 18:11

299 posts(s)

pfff this is not Winner Takes It All =)

July 06, 2009 19:00

609 posts(s)

topic name clearlly states: “Win the league awards”

July 06, 2009 20:18

71 posts(s)

Donator

How about like in real life where teams get a certain amount depending on where they finish? for EXAMPLE 1st = 10m, 2nd 7 , 3rd 6 and so on…

July 06, 2009 21:52

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

I’m ok with the awards and I agree with torte205’s suggestion of a certain amount depending on where they finish. We already have an enhancement planned for that.

July 09, 2009 04:47

651 posts(s)

what we need to consider is, in real life, the league winning bonus is not a very huge percentage of the clubs income source. Ticket Prices ( very good source, depending on your fanbase and stadium size), TV Revenue ( another good source of income), Merchandise and Players Transfers are the main factors. Keeping this thing in mind, we could play around with the league bonus…

just hoping that winner and higher places finish get their recognition, and also doesn’t create a huge divide in the league

by the way i had another thing in mind too… i am not sure if all the leagues have this provision, but, in EPL, three new entrantsto the premier league get 50m at the end of the season. Newly promoted clubs bank this fund and get loan so that they can get some good players. No, i am not suggesting this should be implemented, but then i thought with all these discussions around it would be a good time to plant this idea into game administrators mind:)… and i am also not suggesting it should be 50m, i am just stating what happens in EPL.

July 09, 2009 12:20

609 posts(s)

yeah the new teams get a loan for 50mill cause all the big teams have loan for +/- 200mill!

July 09, 2009 12:25

651 posts(s)

vaughn, read my post carefully… i said they take loan taking that 50 million which they are due to receive at the end of the season as a collateral…

July 09, 2009 14:49

609 posts(s)

i am not sure if all the leagues have this provision, but, in EPL, three new entrantsto the premier league get 50m at the end of the season. Newly promoted clubs bank this fund and get loan so that they can get some good players

You are saying, 3 new teams in the EPL that are promoted from div1 are getting 50mill each at the end of the season and they can use that money to buy players. Why do you think banks do this stuff? Because all the big clubs like ManU, liverpool etc have a much bigger loan standing out.

July 09, 2009 16:23

651 posts(s)

vaughn, lets not go into why… that is not our concern… i was just stating what happens in EPL, i wanted nothing more than that…

July 09, 2009 17:00

375 posts(s)

When the wages become 2 times higher, only then we can start these prize talks…