Disable applying for clubs with managers

Subscribe to Disable applying for clubs with managers 18 post(s), 8 voice(s)

May 23, 2009 18:03

375 posts(s)

We’ve lost Parag from Bordeaux and Reimer from Juventus, we’ve lost other managers I can’t recall at the moment. We are going to lose more…aren’t we ?
You see, people get used to their teams, they also get very upset when they get fired because someone from lower league applies for their beloved club. I think this feature should not exist. Why should this game lose loyal managers ? And newcomers can become respected members of the community without kicking more experienced players out of the game.

p.s. in real life fired managers find new job, in Rubysoccer they leave.

May 23, 2009 18:08

609 posts(s)

the way of earning points is kinda weird to me though, get a low newbie team..do good and u get high ranked. Which results in takeovers in teams.
I think firing ppl should still be there if the board isnt happy with the results though

May 23, 2009 20:09

42 posts(s)

This feature should exist in my opinion.

May 23, 2009 20:51

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I’m really sorry to know that Parag and Reimer have left. I hope they change their mind :(

About being fired I believe it’s healthy for the game, you shouldn’t get a team and be its manager forever. It would be acceptable in a manager game where you create your own team, give a name to it, etc. Here we have real life clubs and everyone wants to manage the most famous clubs. It’s fun to start it all over again.
If you say the way of earning points is kinda weird that’s fine, I agree with that, we still need to find a good way to give points to the managers. Things were worse when this “apply for clubs with managers” did not exist, as a manager could be fired for bad performance even when nobody else was interested in managing his team.
We have some positive examples of managers who got fired from good teams (Michelet from Cruzeiro and Andre Maia from Botafogo) and they simply picked another team to start again. Andre Maia was even able to get his Botafogo back after some seasons.
I understand your concerns, Alban, we’ve lost good managers fired for bad performance (Carlos Costa from Leixões was the first one if I’m not mistaken). This is a very controversial subject in my opinion and we’re willing to make changes if necessary so that the majority can be happy (if there is a clear majority).
Cheers!

May 23, 2009 21:26

609 posts(s)

if you change the point system for manager then it should be harder to take over a team when u just joined with a small team. Getting fired is i think in all the past situation just because those managers did bad, so in normal board situations you should/would get fired.

May 23, 2009 23:13

120 posts(s)

Donator

I agree, i manager should be fire for bad performance. I know it´s hard to manage a club for season, and after all hard work, pum….. you get fire!!!!!!
I already point manager mobility, like in real live. Here, that can be arrange by a manager ranking system, than allow manager to get better contract, even when they go to a lower team in ranking. This can only happen when a manager get money at the arrival to the new club. I said it before… somebody disagree….
What happen now is than some manager leave because it is hard to get fired, but it is harder to work hard for 5 seasons (at least), to get just an average team, and with no change to win any big cup. Somebody pointed as well Dave, exmanager with Fortaleza, with all the good titles won….. and now he is doing so well with Nac, but not good enough to fight in CL….. In my opinion, his experience should count, maybe with 40 o 50 Mill signing bonus….. this will create new teams getting to the top, or managers improving from club to club……….. maybe this is said just because i would like the idea to see GETA winning CL under a better manager.
SALU2

May 24, 2009 02:01

609 posts(s)

signing bonus to new clubs will help for the lower teams and get them up there feet but that’s not how it should go. Smaller/younger teams always have low incombe/budget at the start. I think it’s fun to build something up from nothing and then be on the top (although i left AC and joined juve :P). Or from middle teams to the top. What makes it fun if u have a club with your best player being worth 800.000 and u bloody get mills for a signup. You can replace the whole team at once and win the league….that’s not fun is it?
Maybe give the new teams a little bit better players and also not the age of 30….like 25/26 orso..

May 24, 2009 14:46

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Regarding the manager ranking I believe the quality of the opponents should count. For example, beating Hertha in german league should be worth more points than beating Erzgebirge Aue. This way a manager in a strong league would be able to gather more points in the ranking with good results than an average manager in a weak league, making it harder for them to takeover your team. What do you say?

May 24, 2009 14:52

42 posts(s)

I think equal chances to have good youths is a good start to help worse league teams

May 24, 2009 15:44

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

All teams in a given country have equal chances of generating good youths, the chance is lower as you go down the country ranking. I’m not sure if understood you correctly, Humberto, but if you’re suggesting all countries should be the same regarding youth generation I think it would take out the fun of managing teams in smaller countries (specially when we have more).

May 24, 2009 16:23

609 posts(s)

i actually don’t see the point in taking over a team without getting fired. If u have bad results and the board is not happy they should fire you, which they do. But letting higher ranked players apply when u do 1 season bad is kinda weird.
More points for beating big teams should be nice, also in the other cups not only league.

May 24, 2009 16:36

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Sure, the points difference should be applied in all competitions.
I guess you misunderstood the concept of taking over, Vaughn. You’re allowed to apply to a team with manager only when the manager’s board is 10% or less and you will take over only if the board reaches 0 AND your ranking is greater than the current manager’s. In other words, the board would have fired the manager anyway for bad performance, it is even possible that he will not get fired for bad performance cause nobody high ranked is applying.

May 24, 2009 18:11

42 posts(s)

But gabriel, worse league teams can’t afford high lvl coaches (low cash income). That is already a desavantage at developing youths . I believe is almost impossible for me to make my team be at least competitive at libertadores, no matter how many seasons pass.
My team will rarely develop good youths like big teams do (these clubs already take the best players on free transfer and recive much more cash income). Honestly, at the way it is, I believe Uruguay and Paraguay will never get good ranking points.
So I believe equal youths quality would make it kinda fair. But that’s just me!

May 24, 2009 21:49

40 posts(s)

Donator

Well guys… I have an example for you all:
Me.
I picked up Santo André in Season 13. It was a second division team in Brazil with medium/bad players. After two seasons I reached the main division and I’m there until now. And recently I’m fighting for all titles, and eventually, winning some.
I think that is up only to the managers qualities how well their teams are developed. And, IMHO, the big teams weren’t big all the time. They just grew up… little by little :D
So, for the new managers: Be patient, guys. :D

May 24, 2009 23:16

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I understand what you’re saying, Humberto, but I belive a few good teams in a small country can make the difference as seasons goes buy and slowly increase the country’s position in the country ranking. Of course it’s harder for South American countries while we have only 4, but it’s still possible :)

May 25, 2009 01:48

42 posts(s)

I have hope!

Dot: But it’s easier on your team since brazil has the best youths ^^

May 27, 2009 10:36

678 posts(s)

I want to add something to this post. I don’t understand people saying “a good manager got fired because of bad performance”. I’m sorry, but then he must not be such a good manager. A good manager is someone who keeps on changing to STAY at the top. It’s impossible for good managers to be fired. In all honousty I doubt managers from teams like Hertha, napoli, Genoa, Getafe or even me with Brest will EVER get fired. Simply because we keep on changing and improving.
I also don’t agree with the “whining” about small teams having no chance. I think that’s bullshit. My team was from 2nd division and I manage to compete in CL and reach quarter and semi finals for the past 4 seasons now. Santo Andre also names himself as an example.
@Humberto: It’s all relative. You might get better youths in brazil, but the avarage level of skill is also higher, making it harder to become a true contender for the title. Btw, it’s also a skill to spot youth talents. They are on the free transfer you know? I think my team and Monaco are great example. Look at some of the “big” stars in my team and see where they came from :)

July 09, 2009 05:06

651 posts(s)

well, in all my honesty, i never saw this post… might have been during my exams period,… that was the time i got fired:( … although i got fired, i think a manager should never be allowed to think that his position in the team is irrepleceable… there should always be a chance that manager gets fired, and it is in ruby soccer, which is a good thing.

but there needs to be a lot of factors to become a good manager… well, when i was with bordeaux, i really loved the club, but then things didn’t work out… but that doesn’t mean i am down and out… i will fight my way back.. i have learned a lot from my bordeaux experience…

also sly, i think you have learned from your Everton experience in MT (where you had a 22 match losing streak) , a manager without enough funds and good players cannot really do much. but then these things are a part of real life or any other experience…

lets see what i can do with levante in spain in FT… i have reached the primera division, but then looking at other teams and their players, it seems a lot more hard to stay in the division than it was in france… well… lets hope for the best… and in MT, i guess Zwolle in Netherlands is doing quite well… if things go well as they have been currently, i might be in my first champions league :)