More saved formations

Subscribe to More saved formations 18 post(s), 6 voice(s)

May 17, 2009 08:47

375 posts(s)

I would like to have more than 5 saved formations. Maybe 10 ? I doubt it takes lots of memory.

1 formation is “default”
1 for friendlies"
only 3 left ? I want more =)

May 17, 2009 13:23

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I’ll let Danilo speak about it, he’s the one who designed the whole formations thing :)

May 17, 2009 14:50

609 posts(s)

isn’t 5 enough? i can only think of;
- basic
- friendly
- b team
- cl/uefa
what do you what more ?

May 17, 2009 16:15

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Alban is a strategist, maybe he wants one formation for each opponent he will face during the season ;)

May 17, 2009 16:47

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

I don’t see any problems in having more slots. But I don’t think you guys need 10… :). Maybe 7? What would be a good number?
cheers

May 17, 2009 20:14

375 posts(s)

Well, 7 is better than 5 , thanks =)

May 17, 2009 22:53

299 posts(s)

hmmmm well well

how is it I can’t actually save formations :(

May 18, 2009 04:55

375 posts(s)

I also think it is not 100% finished =)

For example, if I move players on the formation screen the formation will change without hitting “update”. And it is always a mess if I have injured/suspended players because I will have to shuffle the formation and then again return and rebuild it.

May 18, 2009 10:48

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

@Dhimitri
What do you mean by “can’t actually save formations”?
@Alban
That’s how it’s supposed to be, changing players position in the field is automatically saved, the update button is only for saving the basic tactics and set pieces players in the left side.

May 18, 2009 10:59

299 posts(s)

It just doesn’t save it for me

for example, I click “new formation” icon. Write “433 league” on the little box that opens right next to it and then hit update. Nothing, it’s always default :)

May 18, 2009 12:48

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

After writing the formation name just hit enter, it will save and display the new empty formation on the screen. It’s not very intuitive, right? :P

May 18, 2009 15:13

375 posts(s)

Formation screen is maybe the weakest side of this game ! No offense, but it is really difficult to make no mistakes there. We have to invent something for situations with injured and suspended players and also I cannot change formation from my iphone ! In MS we could just assign field numbers to players. We also had about 10 fixed formations so we were not able to put 7 players in the center line.

May 18, 2009 18:48

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

No offense taken. We tried to make it more flexible than MS, Alban. Maybe it’s lacking some usability, specially on strategies, but we can certainly improve it. Switching back to fixed formations would be a pity, but we can discuss alternatives if more people feel like it’s weak as you say ;)

May 19, 2009 01:23

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

Alban,

What do you mean by “invent something for situatiosn with injured and suspended players” ? Do you suggest we should get the team management more and more automatic? We have to be careful about that or people will stop visiting our site, because everything will be automatic!

About the iphone access, it is something that is in our plans. But you have to understand that, considering the number of people that would get benefits from such a feature, this tends to not win in comparison to the number of people that would benefit from almost any other pending improvement we currently have.

And I personally disagree that it is difficult to not make mistakes on the formation screen. If you want to change things very easily, all you have to do is save your formation as. Then you will have a copy of it and you can make that copy the default after your changes. One thing that might be missing is a way to easily and quickly replace formations assigned to a group of matches. But that is on our list :).

Moreover, in RS you can do whatever you want in your field center… But that doesn’t mean you will win.

cheers

May 19, 2009 01:30

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

I will see if I can get this “save” thing more intuitive by the next time I code some improvements on that screen…

cheers!

May 20, 2009 05:32

375 posts(s)

Danilo, I think we should be able to assign the substitutes for the positions. And maybe if we have an injured midfielder and no good midfielders on the bench, it is better to substitute him with a defender or an attacker and change the formation.

And about the formation screen -can we get an “undo” button at least ? =)

May 23, 2009 08:42

678 posts(s)

I still can’t have more then 5 saved formations. Is it implemented yet? Or is it just me?

May 23, 2009 11:19

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I believe it’s not implemented yet :)