Players Nationality

Subscribe to Players Nationality 8 post(s), 6 voice(s)

May 14, 2009 05:58

35 posts(s)

I think this point can cover about 3 in one,
First in the players page, there is an option where the Stats, Cards, Contract, and Statistics can be displayed for every player, I thought that here was something missing, the Nationality, this could be important because:
#1. it would be a good Idea to have what is the Nationality of Every player in one team, there should be a rule that you could only play certain # of players that are not from the same country, I know that currently the most sough over players are from Brazil, Spain, England, Germany. this is because they are higher in the rankings and they have an “advantage” since the Youth are always going to be better. I think this will level out the game, the rule could be that at any given time there could only be 4 players that were born in another country other than the league for example, I play in Netherlands my Team Volendam I could only lineup up to 4 players that were born in a different country. and the other 7 players will have to be players born in The Netherlands this way a lot of things will be prevented, first of all, Transfer Market will be leveled, Not everyone will be buying Good Players from Other Countries, buyers can be Selective and only Choose the best Players since there will only be a chance to have up to 4 “Non-National” players,

1. this will latter help out (hopefully Soon) when there are National Teams, it will help be more “Selective” (again)since the National players will have more chances to play (because there could be teams that play with nothing than Non-National players) and since the only way to improve stats is by playing then they will get more minutes and get better skills, this will also help the National Teams Skill Index (in a Future)
  2. it will also help with Youth Players and the discovery of new talent, since all the teams will have to keep most of the National Players thenit will give a chance to the Youth players to get some minutes.

I think that this Idea has great potential,

I know it could be complicated to figure out how it can be implemented (Behind the Scenes) but i though I just let it out,

what do you think?

May 14, 2009 10:40

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

Nice post! First of all I do miss nationality in the players list pages, we’ll try to come up with a good place to add it. We were talking about this foreign players limitation yesterday here at work. I like it and dislike it at the same time. I like it for the reasons you’ve already stated. I’m just afraid that this rule would make it harder for smaller countries to grow.
I’d like to have more opinions here, this is a very interesting subject.

May 14, 2009 22:02

609 posts(s)

no no no no…god no…no no no no..I really dislike this idea.
You have to be allowed to shop over the whole world for any player you want, you got the cash or the confidence he will grow you take him. Hoping you pick the right guy that becomes a star is the most fun in the game!!!! Don’t take that away!! It’s already made harder to see who will be good and who not.
It will also make smaller countries harder to grow like gabriel says. So i don’t think this is a good idea.

May 15, 2009 05:37

375 posts(s)

It’s not a bad idea…for Brazilian teams =))))

May 15, 2009 11:30

299 posts(s)

I think Vaughn and Alban said it all!!!

May 15, 2009 12:01

375 posts(s)

Well, the idea is fine, but that would work only if the % of great players is at least halved and also if the differences between Brazilian and top European players skills will not be significant. I also think that everything will be possible only if we change the whole economical system of the game. That will need a lot of effort =)

For example, English clubs earn a lot for TV rights, Brazilian clubs are poorer and often sell players to Europe. Also football clubs should pay taxes and dividends to decrease all those cash. And we would need 2 transfer windows and players’ personatities and bla bla bla to make every good idea come true =))

May 15, 2009 12:21

120 posts(s)

Donator

Idont like it at all, if you implement it should be like real life, but that way europo its almost not affected, all players from europe are national to many leagues, plus what good than cant bring>>>BAD TEAMS….
i really dont now how the idea it is out, i think it will be better spend time in the world cup real competition, but i think it will never happen becuase brazilian teams are afraid to be not that good against Europe team, which are much better, ……… …… ……. ……. juas.

May 15, 2009 12:48

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

Hahahaha!
I think DaMaGo is trying to make me work on the world cup idea to prove him wrong ;)
I love this idea, I just think we should replace CL, UC, LA and CS with the world cup, but there is no agreement about that yet.
Anyway, let’s not lose our focus here. I think Alban’s post summarizes what most people I’ve talked to feel: in order to implement this foreign players limit we should change lots of other things. One more thing I’d like to add, if we ever implement this topic’s idea, players will earn another nationality after playing for a while (maybe 3 seasons) in a different country.