Players 'swarm' behavior on match

Subscribe to Players 'swarm' behavior on match 3 post(s), 3 voice(s)

May 11, 2009 13:05

40 posts(s)

Donator

Hi mates!

Taking a look in some game replays, I’ve observed an annoying behavior on the players positioning/running strategy. All players together, from both teams, look like a swarm! They all run in direction to the ball and everything becomes a mess! :D

Like ants pursuing a piece of sugar… lol

I really think this isn’t realistic. Players should keep their position in the majority of time… and according to individual tactics do some extra movement.

Actually, with this behavior, midfielders need to dribble 3,4…5 players to do some movement… and these players aren’t other midfielders… they could be defenders, midfielders, strikers… Maybe, someday, keepers will join this swarm too… LOL :D

What do you guys think about this?

Thx

Rafael

May 11, 2009 14:00

299 posts(s)

yeah that’s about the most wierd and funny thing when watching the replay. The players seem like 6 yo running behind the ball all the damn time. I had 3 defenders scoring goals this last tick in FT and always they took the ball from their own half and went to score :D
I would say the reply doesn’t reflect much in terms of orders you give players before the match, but I watch it just so I can experience the score “live”

May 11, 2009 16:30

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

We are aware of this behaviour and we plan to change it. I’ll put a high priority bug for that so we can take care of that soon.
Cheers!