Forums Bugs

Can you explain this?

Subscribe to Can you explain this? 10 post(s), 5 voice(s)

March 19, 2009 12:30

609 posts(s)

Hey,

Last match i dominated the whole field/stats and still we failed to win. I know sometimes u can’t score, unlucky etc..but it’s getting to often.

A small explaination would be appriciated on the follow match:
http://www.rubysoccer.com/game/match_report/302322

4-5-1 formation 4-4-2
36% possession 64%
4 shots 23
3 shots on target 20
66% accurrate passes 53%
31% effective tackles 67%
1 corners 4
0 offsides 6
36 fouls 8

end score: 0-0

March 19, 2009 13:15

4,287 posts(s)

Administator

It’s hard to explain a single match Vaughn. The opponent keeper may be good, the players who shot in your team may not be the ones with best shooting skill, the shots might have been long shots which are harder to score. What I can tell you is that the match engine is currently being improved and we hope these apparently unfair results don’t happen so often ;)

April 24, 2009 00:54

15 posts(s)

Donator

Hello!
I imagine there are lots of complaints and questions about poor scoring matches but i think my question here is a little more specific. I don’t want to sound like a bad loser but the last games results have been bothering me… Check these fast tick games out, plz:

Vitória x Ponte Preta
http://www.rubysoccer.com/game/match_report/319540
0 × 0
4-4-2 formation 4-4-2
50% possession 50%
16 shots 29
13 shots on target 26
81% accurrate passes 56%
51% effective tackles 57%
1 corners 4
4 offsides 0
36 fouls 34

Palmeiras x Vitória
http://www.rubysoccer.com/game/match_report/319576
0 × 0
4-4-2 formation 4-4-2
40% possession 60%
3 shots 18
2 shots on target 16
65% accurrate passes 50%
40% effective tackles 61%
0 corners 4
0 offsides 2
34 fouls 28

I know… their goalkeepers are great but i’ve played with 92/93 shooting skill atackers and i’ve put short distance shooting to improve the odds of scoring. And it’s not just that: the last 5 games or so have been the same story, great goalkeepers, lot more shots than the opponent… and even the opponent gets to score with less shots resulting in several draws.
So I’m having the following doubt: is the quality of the shots influenced by other factors other than the shooting skill of the atacker, the shooting distance and the opponent’s keeper quality? For example, could the quality of the opponents defenders or the type of tactics i’m using (other than the shooting distance) also influence the shots?
Other than improving the squad quality and relying on luck i’m beginning to think that at some point tactics is a little useless against a reasonable tactic and a great squad.

thanx in advance

April 24, 2009 06:24

609 posts(s)

it’s not all about main stats, sec. stats also takes a big count so u might wanne look into that.

April 24, 2009 08:30

651 posts(s)

vaughn, i guess he meant more than just that… he was just giving more sample examples for backup…

well… and those players from vitoria he was talking about, are indeed fantastic… ( in secondary stats too)

April 24, 2009 10:09

4,287 posts(s)

Administator

I’ve had a couple similar results lately (one with them against Palmeiras). I believe the main reason for that are the “uber” goalkeepers (as someone said in another topic). With some enhancements we’ll add to the match engine soon (like partial successful tackles) we hope to reduce the number of shots to a more realistic number and by doing that we’ll probably have to make it a little bit easier to score.

April 24, 2009 10:10

4,287 posts(s)

Administator

Oh, and nothing else influences the shots, it’s only shooting skill and distance (to determine if the shot was good) and keeper quality.

April 24, 2009 13:14

15 posts(s)

Donator

thanks for the feedback! I guess brazilian league is just frustrating… hehe
By the way ruby has been lots of fun as you can see i’m already a ruby addict… good job guys ;D
cheers

April 24, 2009 15:24

20 posts(s)

It could be worse, you could be sitting there with 64% possession and 20 shots on goal with no scores while your opponent scores on one of his 3 shots on goal. The game engine is some what random BUT so are real games, there are plenty of real life matches where a team will be in complete control of the game with 60+% possession but all it takes is one good run by the other teams offense to get a goal.

Gabriel, I’m glade to hear that you guys have plans to bring the # shots on goal down to make it more realistic. However I understand how you can be upset about your result Vaughn, but things like this happen in the game and in real life I wouldn’t call it a bug. Bugs would be issues where the game engine doesn’t work correctly. (not winning a match is not a bug)

April 25, 2009 09:17

609 posts(s)

Yeah michael, not winning doesn’t have to be a bug. But i would like to see where it did go wrong. Say like my attacker on AC +1 had a score of 10 and there keeper has a score of 5 and the end result is still 0-0. So my attacker played a perfect match and didn’t score? If u get a 10 in score u should atleast score right or otherwise get a 9 as rating or something like that.
I think the main part here is that it’s really hard to see why u lose a match with these scores. They have been improved as Gabriel said so let’s hope it’s better to see next season.
Btw good improvements Gabriel and crew! Keep up the good work!

Forums Bugs