Forums Bugs

Strange behaviour in CL after playing groups phase...

Subscribe to Strange behaviour in CL after playing groups phase... 6 post(s), 3 voice(s)

February 09, 2009 08:29

53 posts(s)

Donator

Hello,

I’m not sure if it’s a bug, but I’ve seen a strange behaviour in CL after playing groups phase. I’ve seen that it’s better to finish in second place than in the first place of a group, because the winners of every group are playing against them… I think it should be more logical to play the winner of a group against the second place of a different group… right? ;) What do you think?

Javier.

February 09, 2009 10:40

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

It would be logical, but not on RubySoccer! :D
Here the logic is best (in terms of team quality on season start) against worst, second best against second worse and so on. I’m not saying it’s better, it’s just the way things work right now.

February 11, 2009 11:02

53 posts(s)

Donator

Hello again,

Thanks for the answer, but I really think that it’s not very logical… Then it’s the same to finish first or second in that groups phase…

It’s only my opinion, of course, but I think it would be better to play the first team of a group against the second team of a different group…

Whats the opinion of the rest of Ruby players? :) Thanks again.

Javier.

February 11, 2009 11:30

387 posts(s)

I’d go with Javier:
group phase costellation bases on past seasons performance and final stage bases on current season performance (the group phase)

February 11, 2009 12:01

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I have to agree, even though I like the current system there is no point in ignoring group positions. I’ll add an enhancement for that. ;)

February 18, 2009 11:15

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Fixed!
Next time we’ll have first place in group 1 playing against second place in group 4, first place in group 2 playing against second place in group 3 and so on. Semi-finals won’t be predefined, they will behave the way it was before (best against worse). For South American competitions where we only have 2 groups it will be first in one group against second in the other.

Forums Bugs