Forums Bugs

Tick freeze

Subscribe to Tick freeze 6 post(s), 4 voice(s)

January 11, 2009 05:48

25 posts(s)

Im a bit concerned about the number of tick freezes, i know its not that often but the game is still small and not overcrowded with managers and countries, Soccersim suffered from a long and unstructured period of programming making it a homemade game with 1000 of add ons and changes, which again lead to numerous problems like very long tick times, freuquent freezes and an almost guaranteed downtime during season tick.

So its pretty interesting to know what causes theese bugs, if the code is already unstable now it will only be worse and worse as the database grows.

I think its something that should be taken very seriously.

Kind regards
Jakob
ps. youre doing a great job, otherwise i wouldnt be bothered to write this :)

January 11, 2009 10:53

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

We appreciate your concern jakobK, it shows you care about the game. The main reason for freezes is not code instability, but chages we add without enough testing. As you may know we have very little time to work on the game and lots of things we want to have implemented as soon as possible, so we end up letting some bugs go through.

You are right, we don’t want this to happen often, it’s not good for the game. We’ll do our best to improve our testing methodology.

Cheers!

January 13, 2009 20:33

120 posts(s)

Donator

DNS problem? Login page wouldn’t load with “rubysoccer.com”… but 64.22.113.16 worked…

January 13, 2009 21:38

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

Strange. It is working for me. What about www.rubysoccer.com ?

January 13, 2009 22:10

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

According to a couple dns health tools, everything is ok… But I will keep an eye. http://www.dnsqueries.com/en/domain_check.php

January 13, 2009 22:51

120 posts(s)

Donator

working fine for me now!

Forums Bugs