Forums Bugs

Board expectations

Subscribe to Board expectations 4 post(s), 3 voice(s)

October 15, 2008 06:54

637 posts(s)

My international board expectation is “reach the final” (in fastticker). I lost in the semi’s but when I look to my Performance it has only decreased with 1%. I think the impact of the non-realization of your board’s expectations must be higher. Let’s say 5% for each round you are away from your goal.
Example: Expectation: reach final → loose in semis = -5%
→ loose in quarter = -10%
→ etc

This can also be used for national cups. For leagues we can use -1% for each place below the expectation. What do you think?

Cheers

Btw: In the board screen “Your Peformance” has to be “Your Performance”. A tick error I guess.

October 15, 2008 08:30

387 posts(s)

i agree. Vice versa i would add some points (%) when you do better than expected: like you’ve qualified for CL when your board said “avoid relegation”.

October 15, 2008 08:37

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

The idea is that, if you qualified for CL instead of relegating you already earned lots of points in your performance as you probably had victories against theoretically stronger team , that’s why we don’t give any bonus or penalties according to the expectation, we use it only to give the manager an idea of how strong his/her team is compared to the opponents. I’m not saying we can’t give bonus/penalties, it’s just not as simple as it seems :)

Optionally we could change the performance points system to be directly linked to the expectations, meaning it won’t change based on single match results, but based on accomplishment of board expectations.

Thanks for pointing the misspelling on “Your Performance”, thorpedo.

October 15, 2008 09:49

387 posts(s)

double post by me (http://www.rubysoccer.com/forums/1/topics/638):
in the end finance, players/team improvement and league position are the most important facts. if you lose with 2 or 3 goals difference should be that important, if you still fullfil the expectations. But sure if your team loses by 4 or more goals board (in RL) isn’t happy aswell, so this take should effect again.

Forums Bugs