Forums Bugs

Player skills

Subscribe to Player skills 8 post(s), 3 voice(s)

October 14, 2008 14:01

33 posts(s)

I have coaching level 10 and according to the wiki there is a 0% chance of a player improving by +1. If I understand this correctly then when a player improves he must improve by at least +2 and possibly as much as +6.

My keeper had keeping of 90 and improved by a single point to 91. I had assumed that maybe he had reached his maximum, but a few turns later he has improved again by a single point to 92 so this can’t have been the case.

Could you check the logic for coaching please? It looks like it’s not working as described in the wiki.

cheers,

Neil.

October 14, 2008 14:16

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

What about the other skills? Has he improved other skills?

October 14, 2008 19:23

33 posts(s)

I can’t say for sure about the past, but definitely on the last occasion keeping was the only skill to improve and it only improved by +1. I’m fairly sure it was the same the time before.

Are you saying that the amount of improvement defined in the wiki is a TOTAL increase rather than per attribute? I interpreted it as each attribute had a separate chance of increasing by different amounts during each step up. Do you mean that a +6 increase for example could be 6 separate attributes each increasing by +1?

October 14, 2008 22:43

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Exactly, a +6 means a total increase of 6 points, it can be 6 points in one attribute, 2 in one and 4 in another one, 1 on 6 different attributes…any combination.

October 15, 2008 09:45

33 posts(s)

OK, perhaps needs to be clearer in the wiki for dummies like me!

I guess as in this instance he only improved one attribute by +1 that he must have reached his maximum. Do we have any other way of knowing whether he has reached his potential other than keep training? Maybe an email from the coaching staff?

If several players improve on the same turn, is the logic calculated separately for each player or do they all improve by the same amount?

I notice that players have to play for at least 30 minutes for the match to count towards improvement, will a player improve faster for playing 90 minutes instead of 30 or is it the same? If it is the same then I might as well make good use of the substitutions!

cheers,

October 15, 2008 10:24

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Heheh, I’ll update the wiki :)

Currently there is no way to know a player has reached his maximum, maybe an email from coaching in some situations is acceptable as a future enhancement.

When several players improve the amount is calculated separately for each player.

There is no difference in playing 90 or 30 minutes, they will improve the same way.

Cheers!

November 07, 2008 07:09

50 posts(s)

I have a question,

I have coaching level 9,

Will only the players who play first team matches gain more attributes or can any player even if he never plays a first team match and do friendly’s count towards attributes??.

The thing is I have youth players that are good enough to earn a contract but not quite ready for first team football, I play them in friendly matches but I hope that will increase their skill cause they are not ready for first team football.

Also noticed in another thread about morale, please dont set it up so that players lose morale if they dont play first team cause I have quite a few players on contracts that dont play first team yet only friendlys.

Best wishes.

November 07, 2008 09:25

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Friendlies and official matches have the same effect on player improvement, so you don’t need to worry. In the future we may change this so that friendly matches are less effective than official matches.

About morale, we still don’t have a final decision about how that will work, but probably not playing at all would affect morale more than playing friendlies, even though at some point not playing official matches will end up affecting it as well. More details on that when we start working on it, not high priority now.

Cheers!

Forums Bugs