Forums Bugs

Offsides

Subscribe to Offsides 2 post(s), 2 voice(s)

June 13, 2008 11:37

85 posts(s)

Donator

How does the offside detection work?
I saw the first half of the match replay in detail, and it seems that a player offside is clearly detected, except for my opponents first goal :)
If you check the match replay:
http://www.rubysoccer.com/game/match_report/110976
1) You can see “Campelo” and “C. De” position, “C. De” is inside the area almost facing my goal keeper, far away from all defenders, this happened at minute 6:30, even F. Vito is offside, only Beaudoin is inline with the defenders!
2) I had a few offsides checked and confirmed, all detected by game engine, and in my goal at minute 38:50 my strikers are inline with defenders (just like beaudoin), a clear goal!
Can the game engine miss offsides detection or is it just a bug?
Cheers…

June 13, 2008 13:03

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I might be wrong but by quickly looking at the match engine I couldn’t find a situation where an offside wouldn’t be detected on purpose, even though I remember me and Danilo discussing whether or not we’d include this possibility. There is a chance that one of your defenders moved before the pass, giving the attacker conditions to receive the ball in a good position. Unfortunately these intermediate movements are not stored and therefore not displayed in the replay. That would be my best guess. If you see that happens more often let us know so we can perform a deeper investigation.

Cheers!

Forums Bugs