Forums Bugs

Computer team with 6 "team"players

Subscribe to Computer team with 6 "team"players 7 post(s), 5 voice(s)

March 05, 2008 19:10

42 posts(s)

Donator

Hi,

Can you take a look at the team Sport in brazil. It has only 6+6 players with two goalkeepers, one bought now for 5.200$. Shouldn’t there be a minimum players limit a team can have, the same way there is a maximum ?

March 05, 2008 19:55

130 posts(s)

I agree with that, 16 should be the minimum, make the bots sign the best available free players on the market or something like that. :)

March 05, 2008 20:18

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I’m glad you mentioned it, I’ve added this limitation today, but the number is 14, considering only non-loaned and non-youth players that are part of your squad. The team must also have at least one goalkeeper. There are a few tweaks to enforce this in all situations, but it should work for all cases in practice.

Cheers!

March 05, 2008 22:22

85 posts(s)

Donator

Please take in consideration the formation to be used as CPU will use players with the highest skill, generating formations like 5-5-0… If this can happen so 0-5-5 or 5-0-5 can…These formations shouldn’t be created!

Cheers!

March 06, 2008 08:03

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Hugo, we tried not to lose much time in the CPU teams “intelligence” and focus on human users features, that’s why we designed it this way. And in the average it’s not that bad, cause usually a team will have a balanced squad, not crap attackers and great defenders and midfielders. But we can change the logic to use at least 1 player per zone (D, M and A), maybe that would be a little bit more realistic :-)

Cheers!

March 07, 2008 01:24

64 posts(s)

Hola Muchachos,

I think that a good example of this problem is in FastTicker-France-Ligue 1-Marseille they have lost ALL the games in the ligue and in the National Cup, the reason is because of the poor quality of the team specially the the low # of players and they also have NO keeper, they only have 12 players 6 of them are youth their keeper is a youth attaker with 30 rating in the keeper statistic.

There should be something done to the game regarding computer teams because as it is know, it takes off the competition out of it this example Marseille was the ligue 1 champion in season 2 and just 3 seasons after they can’t even keep a decent team. Also in the competition, it is incredible that a player can have 74 goals in just 28 games (Alex Hamel from Paris-SG) in just one game he scored 19 goals that is the ammount of a decent forward IN ONE SEASON I currently manage Caen and I have also scored 22 goals in just 2 matches (home and away, and one player André Lechat has 15 goals in the 2 matches) and I do not think that this makes it fais for everyone because it just takes out one team out of the competition. if you analyse the data on Top Scorers for every nation the average out of the 10 players listed is about 23 goals and in France the average is about 35 that is a great difference in statistics.

And talking about competitions, about the UEFA cup Marseille has a match against Hamburger SV. we know for sure who is going to win. its ok with me personally, the only problem that I see is that it is not fair for France as a nation since participation point in European Competitions are accounted for in Nation Rankings I think that this puts France (and other nations that have teams with this same problem) in a handicap.

I had a conversation with a fellow manager from France and we came to the conclution that France has done bad in international competitions bcause of this same reason, the computer teams do not give out as much competition as they should be and this brings the quality of the good teams down.

This is just my opinion sorry if its long but I tried to put everything in perspective…

March 07, 2008 07:38

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

The problem with Marseille is that its manager has abandoned the team and was fired for inactivity. Before that happened lots of contracts were not renewed, so the team ended up with just a few players. We’ve recently made some changes regarding the minimum number of players a team can have, so it should not happen again. If this new rule was in place some contracts would have been renewed automatically and Marseille would certainly have a keeper.

CPU teams are weaker by nature. Of course we don’t want them to be total losers, but a well managed team tends to improve faster than CPU teams, with a small number of exceptions. Having lots of CPU teams in international competitions definitely makes it harder for a country to reach a better position in the rankings, but to be honest that’s how I think it should work, unless we give CPU teams “access” to hidden information, like players potential, manager offers values, but we don’t do that, CPU teams try to improve their squads slowly, without playing crazy wages. One thing that we must do is make CPU teams play friedlies with their worst players. That will definitely help them improve those players and possibly use them in their first squad as they improve.

So, we have plans to improve CPU teams a little, but getting more human managers to France will still be the best way to have a better performance on the coutries ranking. :-)

Cheers!

Forums Bugs