Forums Bugs

LEAGUE POSITION BUG

Subscribe to LEAGUE POSITION BUG 13 post(s), 7 voice(s)

February 15, 2008 23:33

18 posts(s)

2 matches to end at Premiership, I am Wigan, staying in 2nd now, Bolton is 1st.
Problem is, we have lost 2-1 at their home and won 3-0 home.
We have better goal average, 62-14 for us, 60-23 for Bolton, right now their are placed at 1st and we are 2nd, there is no explanation for this.

Maybe they can win the league in the 2 matches to come, maybe not, thing is, if it would end now, they would be champions without a reason.

Please take a look at this and fix it.

Thank You

February 16, 2008 00:13

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

it is not a bug. this is the brazilian criteria, which is applied to all countries. the other team has more wins. we have an enhancement on the queue to customize the criteria (use the correct local criteria) for all countries. sorry for that.

cheers

February 16, 2008 05:17

18 posts(s)

I really dont care about your criteria, thing is, I have advantage over them, either on goal average, either on matches among both teams, I couldn´t care less if they even have 30 more wins than us, real FIFA rules and most of all FA rules, say 1st condition is goal average, 2nd is results among both teams, so this is wrong, let´s just hope they win this league because they have more points, otherwise, I surely assure you that I will be leaving this game.

I rest my case.

February 16, 2008 08:54

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Each country is free to define its own criteria. It’s good to see you care so much about your team, that’s the level of attachment we want our users to have. What you don’t seem to care about is game development and the fact that the developers (me and Danilo) don’t have as much time as we’d like to improve this game, make it bigger, better and fun for everybody but despite of that the game is improving relatively fast.

I really hope you can change your mind and stay with us, no matter the result of your league.

Cheers!

February 16, 2008 23:48

18 posts(s)

Well, congratulations, you now have a fake champion in England.
I have never putted in cause the developers commitment to the game, I just can´t understand, how you start to put so much new things into the game and left something such important has this one for last.

I have been helping with feedback and suggestions everytime I thought it was necessary, I have probably been one of the most active managers in this game since it started, passed a great part of this last season tweaking my team, I don´t even have a squad good enough to do what I did, it was a great effort, based on keeping the players stamina and managing the suspensions to always have the better squad possible playing.
Fact is, I just won the league under English rules, but because you don´t have those rules aplied to this league, a team that has less goals scored, more goals conceded, and also loses on the direct confront against me is declared champion.
Do you think this is fair?
I will be staying and helping you with whatever you need, but tell me what´s the motivation I have to play the game like this?
Put yourselves in my place, and tell me what would you think.

Regards…

February 17, 2008 04:26

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

Artur, sorry for the short answer but it is late here. Here´s what i think (i will try to order the facts logically):

1) we have a limited amount of time to work in the game;
2) there is a HUGE development queue organized by what we think is more important or what we feel that would be fun to implement;
3) we don´t agree that to have localized league rank rules is a huge priority comparing to the rest, nor we thought that this would give us a “coding good time”;
4) we told everybody how the league rank rules would be from the start, and thats what matters in a competition: know, play and win by the rules. I don´t think the English rules are better than the Brazilian – they are just different.

We really appreciate and respect your help and feedback. As a result, we will reconsider our priority queue and I hope we can get localized league rank implemented in time for the next season end.

And about motivation, well… Lemme try to mention some of the most important motivation facts, in my opinion:

- the game is 6 months old and already has a LOT of functionalities, despite our lack of free time
- we are very available and open to user feedback. Which means that you are an important part of the process
- in my opinion this is a good and free place to spend some time, have fun and interact with a nice community
- surprise factor. who knows what new stuff can be available next time you login? :D

well, time to get some sleep. cheers!

February 17, 2008 12:50

3 posts(s)

And I am from Bolton and the ‘fake’ champion. Can’t say that I feel that much of a champion, but I have tried to play different in order to get wins more than draws. Also by adding strategies to some games in order to get wins, well I think they did no good, but anyway I experiented and might have let in a few extra-goals because of that. I understand my team was unable to score as much as I would have hoped to, but it certainly wasn’t because of too defensive tactics. In medium I play with 4 A:s most of the time to get as many wins as possible since last season I had a lot of draws. I really can’t say how much results depend on what I do, but who could say?

So because the criteria is wrong (I also think it should be localized) I am the champion. But I did try to get wins, even if it wasn’t succesfull in most cases. Anyway, I would feel better if the priority queue would be changed, since I am not used to this Brazilian one. But this was the criteria this season and I played according to it. So I do not like the “fake champion” title, even though Wigan performed better in matches between us.

February 17, 2008 13:35

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I’ll work on that, so please those who know the criteria on each country (England, Spain, Germany, Portugal, France, Italy and Argentina) let us know.

Brazil (used worldwide in RS now): number of victories, goals scored – goals conceded, goals scored, direct confront (to be added)

Cheers!

February 17, 2008 16:08

387 posts(s)

Official decision criteria on Germany’s Bundesliga:

1. points
2. goal difference
3. number of goals scored
4. result on agregate (matches between the teams even)
5. number of away goals (in those matches)
6. number of all away goals over all
7. deciding game on neutral ground

February 17, 2008 17:09

47 posts(s)

Official decision criteria for french Ligue 1 :

1. points
2. Better general goal difference
3. Better goals scored
4. Better Goal difference on agregate (matches between the teams even)
5. less points of disciplin ( Yellow card 1 point, red card 3 points )

But I don’t see the problem to have only one rule about standings and the brazilian is as good as the other ones. There is no fake champion when you know before the rules of a competition ;)
By the way , congrats to the new champion of brazilian league in medium : Goias
My regn is over , lol !

February 17, 2008 22:13

18 posts(s)

Hey Antari, I didn´t ment to offend you, congratulations on your tittle, but we both know that the english Criteria is not number of wins…

Criteria for Portugal:
1: Points
2: Results among the tied teams
3: Goal Average
4: Goals Scored

Criteria for England:
1: Points
2:Goal Average
3:Goals Scored
4: Results among the tied teams

February 17, 2008 23:36

85 posts(s)

Donator

If you are going to create a rule set to Portugal, this is the complete set resumed, and it is a bit different from the one in the other post…

For ties in total points achieved

Short for point 4:
Points in games between tied clubs
Goals scored minus goals conceded in games between tied clubs
More goals scored out in games between tied clubs
Goals scored minus goals conceded in total championship
More victories in total championship
More goals scored in total championship
Short for point 5 (after point 4 apply):
For 2 teams tied, neutral field game, after 90 minutes tie, extra time 15/15, and if tie remains penalties.
For more than 2 teams, one round competition in neutral field and for ties point 4 application…

You can found the rules at http://www.lpfp.pt/SiteCollectionDocuments/Regulamento_de_Competicoes.pdf
It’s a secured PDF (no copy paste so I had to rewrite it…)

Original text:

BwinLiga/Liga Vitalis
Regulamento de competições
Artigo 8º
(competições por pontos)
Ponto 4, alíneas a-f e ponto 5, alíneas a-c
Ponto 4. Para estabelecimento da classificação geral dos Clubes que, no final das competições se encontrarem com igual número de pontos, serão aplicados, para efeitos de desempate, os seguintes critérios, segundo ordem de prioridade:
a) Número de pontos alcançados pelos Clubes empatados, no jogo ou jogos que entre si realizaram;
b) Maior diferença entre o número de golos marcados e o número de golos sofridos pelos Clubes empatados, nos jogos que realizaram entre si;
c) Maior número de golos marcados no campo do adversário, nos jogos que realizaram entre si;
d) Maior diferença entre o número de golos marcados e o número de golos sofridos pelos Clubes nos jogos realizados em toda a competição;
e) O maior número de vitórias em toda a competição;
f) O maior número de golos marcados em toda a competição.
Ponto 5. Se, após a aplicação sucessiva dos critérios estabelecidos no número anterior, ainda subsistir situação de igualdade, observar-se-á o seguinte critério de desempate:
a) Se só houver duas equipas empatadas, realizar-se-á um jogo em campo neutro, a designar pela Liga P.F.P.. Se, findo o tempo regulamentar, se mantiver o empate, proceder-se-á a um prolongamento de trinta minutos, dividido em duas partes de quinze minutos; se a situação de empate subsistir findo o tempo de prolongamento, apurar-se-á o vencedor através do sistema de marcação de pontapés de grande penalidade, de acordo com o previsto nas “Leis do Jogo”.
b)Tratando-se de mais de duas equipas em situação de igualdade, realizar-se-á uma competição a uma só volta, em campo neutro, para encontrar o vencedor;
c) Se, finda esta competição, não se encontrar o vencedor e ficarem duas ou mais equipas empatadas, proceder-se-á ao desempate de acordo com os critérios fixados no número 4 deste artigo.

You should also take a look at this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goal_difference
England criteria is goal average!?

Cheers…

February 18, 2008 00:33

18 posts(s)

He is right, my bad, goal difference, and goal average are different things, don´t consider goal average where I wrote it, but goal difference.

Thank you Hugo.

Forums Bugs