Forums Bugs

Not cheating...

Subscribe to Not cheating... 5 post(s), 4 voice(s)

January 23, 2008 15:57

1 posts(s)

I’m trying to buy one player, and Im receiving the message that I’m trying to cheat, but I’m not!!!

How can I buy the players?

I’m from San Martin San Juan

January 23, 2008 16:22

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

You cannot, if the owner of that player is someone that uses the same network/computer you use.

cheers

January 23, 2008 16:22

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

You cannot buy a player who is owned (or was free transfered) by someone who has ever played in the same computer or network as you. That is made to prevent people with multiple users (which is not allowed) to trade with each other. Unfortuantely that prevents friends or relatives who use the same network or computer to play the game from dealing with each other, but it is not a big deal if in exchange we can make the market a fair place.

Cheers!

January 23, 2008 21:30

130 posts(s)

Is there a time limit for keeping track of these things? I have a couple of friends playing RS, never tried to trade with them because i’m aware we wouldn’t be able to… but the only time i logged on their pc (or them in mine) was still in Beta 1. I think 1 or 2 months with this restriction would be enough to prevent cheating.

Cheers. :)

January 24, 2008 09:07

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I think you would be able to trade by now Ricardo. We have in our plans something to make the restriction expire when someone has not used a specific machine or network for a certain period.

Cheers.

Forums Bugs