Forums Bugs

Problem with selected team for match

Subscribe to Problem with selected team for match 7 post(s), 3 voice(s)

January 09, 2008 03:51

29 posts(s)

Hi,

My team is Norwich City (England, Division 1) on the Medium Ticker.

In the league game on Turn 24 against Reading, the match report details that I had a 4-5-1 formation. However, I never use 4-5-1, I always use 4-4-2, and I’m sure I specifically went into that match with 2 strikers: V. Fries and G. Amaro. The system seems to have included a midfielder, Hugo Tiago Mota, who I subbed out of my team yesterday, in place of Volker Fries.

My Formations screen shows that for my Default formation I have a 4-4-2 formation – and the only change I’ve made since the match on turn 24 is to swap one defender for another. I haven’t changed the midfield or attackers.

I can’t prove any of the above, so it’ll be easy to say “Oh, you must be mistaken”, but I’m sure there is a problem here.

If there is any auditing or change logging on your database you’ll be able to see that I have only made defensive changes to the Default formation since Turn 24.

January 09, 2008 04:30

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Is that possible that you had a suspended or injuured attacker for turn 24 match? If that’s the case our logic would not necessarily substitute the suspended or injured player with someone in the same position (we’ll change that in the future).

Cheers.

January 09, 2008 04:39

29 posts(s)

I certainly don’t remember seeing anything that would make him ineligible for the game.

I’ve just been through the four games he’s played this season, and he has not been injured at all, but has picked up 2 yellow cards. Would that be enough to earn a suspension?

I definately think it would be better for the game engine to substitute injured/suspended attackers with attackers, defenders with defenders etc.

January 09, 2008 04:55

29 posts(s)

Sorry, I’m wrong there. In the four matches this season he has picked up 0 injuries but 3 yellow cards. Games followed like this:

1st National Cup:  Yellow Card
2nd League:          Yellow Card
3rd National Cup:  Nothing
4th League:           Yellow Card
5th League:           Did not play

Would the three yellow cards in his first match be enough to earn a suspension for his fifth match?

January 09, 2008 06:14

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

You need 2 yellow cards in the same competition in order to be suspended for 1 match (for that competition).

cheers

January 09, 2008 06:24

29 posts(s)

That must be it then.

I expect what happened is that when I looked at my Team Players page, the player didn’t have the “Suspended” icon, because the next game was a friendly for which the player wasn’t selected. Does that sound right?

Could we please see Yellow/Red card information for all our players, not just the ones playing the next match?

January 09, 2008 08:01

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

That info can be found in the Cards screen for the players mattyb. There you can see the card status of all players in all competitions.

Cheers.

Forums Bugs