Forums Bugs

(native) player positions

Subscribe to (native) player positions 3 post(s), 3 voice(s)

December 17, 2007 11:08

387 posts(s)

very often players best skills and their native position favour are contradictory.

my latest example:
i got this youth with 79 in PASSING & 63 in defending as a DEFENDER… should be a midfielder, right?

Karl Moschny (Fast > Germany > Hertha)
Position: D <<<
Keeping: 25
Tackle: 63 <<<
Passing: 79 <<<
Shooting: 47
Speed: 66
Dribble: 57
Control: 68
Aggressiveness: 100

December 17, 2007 13:06

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

the position is much more like “I think I should be a defender, because I like it” than “I AM a defender”.

The tendency to have your main attributes better than others is not always followed, just as any other tendency :).

December 17, 2007 15:58

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I’ve discussed that once with some friends, a few suggestion came up:

-at the end of player generation, change position field according to generated attributes (so in the example above the player would be a midfielder)
-at the end of player generation, change position field according to generated attributes + potential (so in the example above the player would be a midfielder only if passing + potential in passing was greater than tackle + potential in tackle)…that could give away something about potential, like in your example, if the player was still a defender you’d know that he’d evolve his tackle at least until 79
-allow manager to change player’s position
-use the first ideia plus dinamically change player position during game when evolution caused one of the 3 main attributes to become greater than the others

In my opinion none of these solutions would add that much to the game, but if I had to choose one I’d go for the last one.

Forums Bugs