Forums Bugs

Player ratings in the new gameworlds

Subscribe to Player ratings in the new gameworlds 16 post(s), 7 voice(s)

November 15, 2007 09:42

301 posts(s)

Hello,

i’ve played a a couple of games with my team in fast ticker. Unlike last time the worlds were started, this time around my players aren’t going up as fast. Have you guys made any changes to player rating fluctuation?

November 15, 2007 10:12

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Yes. Basically the 16 years old players are the only ones that start on level 1, with no experience at all. 17 years old players already have some experience and a little less to evolve (but still a reasonable potential), that’s why they need a few matches before increasing their attributes. Non youth players that were generated in the beginning are already around the middle of their evolutionary path, so they need to play a little more before evolving.

Also, there were some changes to how much the player skills go up when they evolve. This value went from 3-5 to 1-3. If a player evolves 3 points, these points will be distributed among the attributes where the player still has potential to evolve (a single attribute can take all the 3 points).

In Beta 1 and Beta 2, the players were reaching their maximum with a few matches, that’s why we decided to change the system. Personally I think it is much better now, but let’s see how it works in the long term.

Cheers.

November 16, 2007 06:28

13 posts(s)

Do “normal” games (ie league and cup) count more to this “level” than a friendly? I’ve had a youth player in my squad for 5 games now and haven’t seen any improvement.

Is there any way to see if a player still has “Potential”? Some sort of report that gives a general reasoning (“This player could be a much better midfielder”, “This player is unlikely to be a better striker” or “This player is at the peak of his game”)

November 16, 2007 08:27

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

nope. but your player do have to play at least 30 minutes to make it count.

there is no way to see this potential right now, but we will probably implement something to at least give a hint. i dont like the way this was done in managersim, so when the time comes i will try to come up with something better. you guys are free to give suggestions :) .

November 16, 2007 08:49

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Just one more thing, 17 years old youths already start a little bit improved compared to 16 years old ones, that’s why they do not evolve without playing a few matches.

November 19, 2007 07:13

13 posts(s)

At what point do we know a player won’t improve? I’ve had a youth player in my main squad for 12 games and no stat movement at all.

He’s actually my third best striker, so he plays 100% of the games.

November 19, 2007 08:30

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Well, 12 games should be enough, specially for a youth, to have improved at least once. Could you send me the player name so I can investigate?

November 26, 2007 23:14

124 posts(s)

Sorry to raise this topic again if it is still too soon…

But anyway, around half a season now, around 20 matches played in most divisions.

I myself got a little worried as I took a look at my young (17y.) keeper, C.Tappin, that has played almost every match for me without getting much improvement.

I think he has played 16 league matches and 3 cup matches and has not gained any points to his keeping skill. Maybe a couple of points as a whole but dribble and shooting aren´t exactly what I was hoping for.

I am “lucky” now that I don´t have a better number one keeper so he has been able to play a lot. But unluckily, without results. If I had a better keeper, no 77-keeper would play half of the season, especially when no improvement.

And making players improve gets even more difficult when you get a little better team that can not afford losing many points and if friendlies don´t count as much as “real” matches.

I know I am one of the players most willing to keep the game challenging but even I think this is too tough now. Maybe adjusting it a little, maybe meeting us halfway? (compared to what it was)

Or is the player just total sh*t and lacks talent? Doesn´t have any potential left on his keeping skill? :D

Hope you find a nice solution with making it a little better but still keeping it challenging.

Cheers!

November 27, 2007 02:14

130 posts(s)

My suggestion would be to gradually decrease the player’s improvement time. Something like having a stat boost over the first 5-6 matches, then make him play like 5-10 matches to gain another stat, and on a third phase gain stats after each 15 match or so… but only on the ones that are born to be stars.

November 27, 2007 04:35

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

That’s exactly how it works Ricardo, the problem is that non youth players were initially generated in the middle of their career, that’s why they already need a considerable number of matches to improve. 17 years old players start better than 16 years old players, that’s why they require a medium number of matches before improving while the younger ones require 1 or 2 in the beginning.

About keeper evolving other attributes and non-keepers evolving keeping I kinda agree with you Toni. Maybe I’ll remove keeping from non-keepers evolution and skills like dribble and shooting from keepers evolution, so they wouldn’t improve useless attributes, which makes sense.

November 27, 2007 05:35

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Suggestion about player improvements:

-keepers: when he improves at least one point will be on keeping, passing or speed, the attributes that matter. Then he improves from 0 to 2 points on any other skill (including keeping, passing and speed)
-other players: when the player improves it will never be only on keeping, unless this is the only attribute left to improve.

What do you guys think?

November 27, 2007 05:42

124 posts(s)

I think it would be a nice improvement.

November 27, 2007 06:55

130 posts(s)

Sounds great!

November 27, 2007 07:27

637 posts(s)

looks good.

November 28, 2007 15:08

4,285 posts(s)