Forums Bugs

5th Ranked Country 8 Stars

Subscribe to 5th Ranked Country 8 Stars 8 post(s), 2 voice(s)

September 06, 2021 00:36

228 posts(s)

How can a 5th ranked country have a team with 8 superstar players in it???

I am in the 2nd ranked country, I can barely keep 3, despite buying more, having them dominate a season with over 8.0 rating, and still lose their star rating.

What is the bug that allows this?

September 06, 2021 01:17

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

You can give me the exact team if you’re curious to know more details, but my guess would be that this particular team is accumulating more stars in that country and leaving less for the others teams over there, whereas in your country the stars are being more evenly distributed across the teams. So even if that country has less stars overall it is possible that a particular team from there has more stars than any one team in your country.

September 06, 2021 01:46

228 posts(s)

Yes,
the champions league winner, check the traits tab for their squad. It’s nuts, in this market, the 8 stars alone are worth at least 1.6billion. Then add in the other 32 players, must be the most expensive team in the game.

So you are saying, the 5th ranked country gets 8 stars in total, and all 8 are in 1 team?

How many stars does the 2nd ranked country get? What are the rules to get stars?

September 06, 2021 04:02

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Golden stars are the only ones I remember the exact number:
1st and 2nd get 5 golden stars
3rd and 4th get 4 golden stars

9th and 10th get 1 golden star

For the silver and bronze I’d have to check…all I mean to say is that one team from a country may be accumulating more stars than the others, whereas in other countries more teams get stars, in a more even distribution (not by design, but based on the players performance of course).

September 06, 2021 09:54

228 posts(s)

Oh, I’ve used the wrong jargon.

I mean the Class S
not the 3 star rating, the Class as see in the traits page.

8 S class players in a single team from the 5th ranked country.

September 06, 2021 11:05

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Ah, that’s a separate (but related) topic :-)
So the player class is based on some crazy game formulas to calculate the player “strength” as a single number. Using that number only, players are graded between A and F. Players who get stars (our previous topic), receive an artificial “bonus” added to the calculated strength, which may cause their total to exceed the maximum calculated strength in the dimension. The way we represent that in the game is using the S class.
That is only an indication of player “quality”, the class does not influence player performance in the field. As a practical example, if two players had the exact same skills, one A and one S due to stars, and played in the same position in the field, one would not have higher chances of performing well over the other.
Oh, and country ranking plays not part in player class either.

September 07, 2021 03:01

228 posts(s)

Wasn’t there a change to the amount of S players a team could have, based up on:
- country ranking
- individual player average rating for the season being above 8.0

I bought a few S players over the years, seen them rate above 8.0 in England, only to see them reduce back to an A player the next season. I want 8 A players in my squad, how do I get it?

S players cost a massive amount to buy, and you’re saying they aint worth nothing compared to an A player?

September 07, 2021 06:33

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

There is no limit on how many S players a team can have. As I’ve explained they become S when they are A and have enough starts to push them to S. The extra wage cost comes from the stars, not from the class, whereas the higher estimated values comes indeed from the S class. These are inflated on purpose to represent the star status of the player, which should cost more for teams.

From a season to the next the S to A and A to S transitions may happen as the skills formula is adjusted and the stars redistributed.

Forums Bugs