Forums Bugs

Player stars

Subscribe to Player stars 6 post(s), 2 voice(s)

November 09, 2015 13:15

96 posts(s)

Are they working as they should?

I was surprised that my player in the fast ticker “Tony Sheekey” lost a star after last season, despite having a better season than the previous one, so I’m not sure why he lost a star, he was 2 silver, now he only has 1.

November 09, 2015 22:36

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Stars are tied to the player’s performance comparatively to other players in the same country, plus a natural star factor specific to each player. If your player lost a star it means two seasons ago he performed better when compared to other players in your country than in the last season.

November 09, 2015 22:43

96 posts(s)

Looking at his stats he has got better every season in goal ratio and performance. I am not comparing him to other players, only looking at what he has done. I still believe he should be gaining stars rather than losing them, especially as he is a midfielder that scored 15 goals last season. When you get a moment, can you look into this to see if I am completely wrong, or something is not working optimally, or just tell me to stop complaining? :)

November 10, 2015 01:11

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Nah, you’re not complaining, just questioning why a good players has lost a star, that’s reasonable. He does have good stats but the way things work at the moment we have a limited number of stars of each type per country, so he wasn’t good enough when compared to other players who got their 2 silver stars or gold star. You can certainly argue the way we measure how good a player performed and I’ll probably agree it is not as good as it could be, but that’s a different topic. In addition to that, his “natural star factor” may impact his ability to get a star. This represents how a player is naturally considered a star by other people and can have a positive or negative impact in the likelihood of a player becoming a star and is randomly generated for each player.

November 10, 2015 11:58

96 posts(s)

Ok this seems a reasonable and fair explanation. It’s weird though as, he is my star player! Without him, my team are nothing, as a midfielder it seems like he scores every game, the stats say he scores every other game, but when looking at results if he doesn’t score I am surprised!

With regard to the limited number of stars per country, does this mean that if somehow I acquired 11 new players with stars from abroad this would then impact on the star players the following season? By importing 11 star players, between my new 11 star players and the rest of the league there would essentially be 11 stars lost, or re-allocated?

November 10, 2015 22:58

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

If you hire stars from abroad you would temporarily boost number of stars in the country in the current season and potentially in the next season, because players will lost at most one star in between seasons. Eventually it would even out again unless people keep hiring stars from abroad :-)

Forums Bugs