Forums Bugs

Player morale

Subscribe to Player morale 22 post(s), 11 voice(s)

September 26, 2015 08:00

31 posts(s)

Donator

Most of my players had low stamina -55.
I put young players to play and let the first team rest to recover stamina, they played alot games(34
).
While first team are resting to regain stamina, their morale went down, even they played to many games.

It seems the morale is checked every tick and not looking howmany games they already played.
So after 34+ games, they rest a while and lose morale.

Changing lineup more frequenlty is desired with this new morale system.
While I prefer to change lineup/players when they perform bad or have low stamina 90+-.

September 26, 2015 12:34

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

The match counting for morale effects started once I announced it in the forums, the history of matches until then doesn’t matter. From now the history will matter and the player will always consider the percentage of the last x matches that he has played to determine its morale level. Whenever I said in the overview that morale is reset (when the player join another team or when he goes out of critical for example), this counter is reset as well.

I think for teams playing multiple competitions that have to naturally rotate their players due to stamina the morale system will work well. Those who usually don’t have to rotate due to stamina will end up having to do it due to the negative effect on morale if you don’t.

October 04, 2015 21:52

96 posts(s)

Not sure if this is a bug or just how morale is implemented, but I believe that something is wrong/incorrect.

A player with critical morale automatically gets listed for a silly price (which is something I dislike, but that’s another story). However, if a player has critical morale and is listed, but their contract is running out, you can still get them to re-sign for you. Surely this defeats the whole purpose of critical morale levels? If I’d not played any games and my morale was at a critically low level, why would I sign a new contract?

If this were to be implemented in a slightly better way, managers would actually have to manage their squads and if they failed to do so, players would leave or want to leave and this might finally spark the transfer market into life as managers would be forced to sell players that they probably wanted to keep as squad players. Therefore the more active managers would be able to make offers for players that would otherwise be unavailable and possibly we would have an active transfer market.

October 05, 2015 03:06

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Morale is still under trial, that’s the only reason why the players accept renewals and the transfer prices are silly. Once we are happy with the parameters and the trial is over the transfer prices will be what you see now divided by 10 and the players will NOT renew contract. You’re right, that’s the whole purpose of the thing :-)

October 05, 2015 07:00

40 posts(s)

I’ve players that have played last game, and morale has gone bad. why?

October 05, 2015 10:13

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

That’s because they evaluate the last x matches, starting from when I last reset morale (or from when you or they joined your team, whatever is later) and up to a pre-determined number of matches, but they only change morale for the first time after 3-5 matches, so even if you played them in the last match it could mean they played 1 out of 5 which would give them a 20% match participation ration that could take their morale to bad level depending on their profiles.

October 05, 2015 21:16

37 posts(s)

Participating in 20 % of official match should not bring down the morale of young players. As I remember, they are being punished in on the road matches because they are young …

October 06, 2015 04:30

828 posts(s)

this moral thing is being retarded…. look at all the transfer listed players now 2432432423432423 price

October 06, 2015 12:20

296 posts(s)

That’s because it’s in TRIAL MODE Davison. Things will change once the balance is correct.

On the whole player morale part, as I suggested in another post, I would like to have more morale settings. Eg very happy, happy, content, poor, bad, very unhappy.

It means it won’t jump from bad to critical really fast, which seems to be happening, look how full the transfer list is! Some of my top players are critical even though they have played 20+ games lol, I just think adding in the extra morale levels will give better control to the managers.

October 06, 2015 22:41

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I think I’ll add a morale rating column with a % to give more detailed information to managers on morale, along with some other changes for the last trial phase. That will be quicker than catering for additional statuses as you suggested, Joseppi. Not saying we’re not going to do it in the future, I just want to simplify the initial design so we can deliver it quickly.

October 07, 2015 08:14

637 posts(s)

I would only add 1 morale status like excellent. This way ‘neutral’ is really in the middle and is in fact neutral. E.g. excellent – good – neutral – bad – critical.
This 2nd trial phase looks fine to me. I just need to figure out how to manage my youths.

October 17, 2015 10:22

96 posts(s)

In the fast ticker it is pre-season. So therefore my first team players are getting a little rest.

Due to the implementation of the morale all the players have a morale status of neutral, but their morale rating is at 0%. Is this correct? If they have neutral moral should their morale rating not be at 50%?

October 17, 2015 11:10

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

That rating is really the percentage of last x matches played. Since the last morale reset there has been no matches played, so it should really say N/A or something like that. The rating is not linear so Neutral will not necessarily be 50%, in fact 50% will be Good in most cases.

October 19, 2015 09:12

637 posts(s)

Gabriel, can you take a look at player morale of retiring players. Seems player morale of these players doesn’t change. Craig Mountford and Laurencio Silva who are retiring after this season stay at neutral 0%. They both played 3 of 6 matches but I haven’t seen changes in their morale since the reset.

Btw Same with Maron in mediumticker and he played all matches.

October 19, 2015 22:16

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Retiring players are not affected by morale. The idea is that they are not looking to change clubs in their last year as a football player so their rating will remain as 0% and they will never go out of Neutral.

October 20, 2015 08:00

637 posts(s)

Ok, my mistake. Seems logical to me.

October 25, 2015 09:19

40 posts(s)

this morale feature has some problems. I’ve under 20 players promoted from youth team with critical morale because they don’t play, or players with critical because they have too few matches (but with an avg rating of 4.7). bha…

October 25, 2015 12:37

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I’ve found that with my youngest non-youth players all they needed so far is to play 2-3 matches (out of 20+) so far to stay in Neutral. Of course that number can be different for each team and it should be easier to manage morale of players who have lower skills when compared to the calculated main squad skill.

October 26, 2015 09:51

639 posts(s)

Donator

Or ignore it. Just make sure that they are not critical anymore when you have to renew the contract.

October 26, 2015 14:20

301 posts(s)

does playing friendlies increase a players morale?

October 26, 2015 15:40

24 posts(s)

fast ticker is freezed!

October 27, 2015 11:47

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

@Charles: no, it doesn’t

Forums Bugs