Forums Bugs

Errors on page and by login

Subscribe to Errors on page and by login 5 post(s), 3 voice(s)

May 02, 2015 10:04

14 posts(s)

Dear developers,

I am unable to login the normal way. I have to resend myself information to change my password and then apparentely I am already logged in!

Further more there are all kind of database php errors on the main page (while logging in) and on the forum!

Error:
translation missing: nl-NL.datetime.distance_in_words.about_x_hours

Please fix it! Or it might be my last week playing RubySoccer.

May 02, 2015 11:04

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

That escalated pretty quickly :-)

Jokes aside, I’m sure we can help you with your login issues. I suppose this translation error is from the forum, yes? The forum is a plugin we use and was not fully developed by us, so every now and then we have to fix some weird stuff.

What browser are you using? Do you use normal user and password login or do you login via Google/Facebook? Have you tried clearing the browser cache?

Cheers

May 02, 2015 11:17

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

Hi Hopjes,

If I got what you’re trying to say right, there seems to be something strange going on with your browser cookies. Try hitting ctrl-shit-del and then clearing cookies & cached images + files from “the beginning of time” (that’s the way chrome describes it anyway).

If you have successfully logged in using any method (facebook / google / normal) and then come to the website via a link, it will display that message – saying that you’re already logged in. I suspect you logged in and then came to RS via the email link…

As for the “database php” errors, rubysoccer is not written in php… In fact, its called rubysoccer because its written in ruby, and it uses the ruby on rails framework. Also, the error you see is not a database error. It is related to a specific translation rubysoccer is not able to find for a specific informational message – and it is trying to find it based on the language you’ve set on your browser (nl-NL in this case). Moreover, this specific translation is provided by the framework itself, not by us…

Anyway, all of these tech details aside, thanks for reporting this. I will have a look. And hey, thanks for giving us a week to investigate it before leaving, you’re very generous… ;D

May 02, 2015 16:00

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

The translation missing errors should be fixed now, Hopjes. Please let us know if you see any other issues.

regards

May 04, 2015 07:52

14 posts(s)

Seems okay now.
Thanks.
Rik

Forums Bugs