Forums Bugs

Crazy Wage Requirements (Bug?)

Subscribe to Crazy Wage Requirements (Bug?) 7 post(s), 4 voice(s)

November 08, 2012 14:50

7 posts(s)

Well I recently have been trying to renew contracts to some of my players and I have received crazily high wages request from them.
For example: a 26 y.o. player who had a wage of 10600 and had improved minimally later, asked me 34400 as a wage requirement(?).
I’m trying to buy a 30 y.o. player who’s wage is 20630 (I’m the only buyer so there’s no wage competition with him), but in the middle of the negotiation rejected my offer of 23500 and asked me 44800 per week as wage.
I have never paid those amounts so I would like you to tell me, if somebody knows anything about this, if it’s a bug or it’s a change applied to the wages politics.
Thank you.

November 08, 2012 16:37

639 posts(s)

Donator

In the announcements Gabriel said “Lots of teams have money to spare…players might as well get their cut! Don’t be surprised if players start to ask for more money when you negotiate contracts, it’s only fair they get a raise due to inflation.”

Though 34k is a lot… but you can always try to offer less.

November 08, 2012 17:54

7 posts(s)

Well the negotiations are extending more than expected… but I only have 80 millions (if I pay 30 for this player my capital will be 50 or less) and he’s asking for almost 45 k per week, even he asked for 46,800 at the beginning… but it’s a hard negotiation. That means around 2,35 millions a year for a 30 y.o. player.
I guess that change should be based in the incomings, stadium size, type of division you are playing and baremos of economy… not based in the amount of cash we have. I’ll refuse that negotiation because my economy will resent the enough to not be available to renew some of the rest of players.
45 k for y.o. player… 34 k for a 26 y.o. player (skills 80+) is crazy.
I really disagree with some points of this disbalanced “greed feature”, cause I don’t manage one of these teams that have “lots of money to spare”.
I guess it’s a good change, but it has to be reviewed to sharp the causes that take the players to ask for a wage improvement.
My humble point of view.

November 08, 2012 20:13

639 posts(s)

Donator

Happened to me to, for example a 33yr old who asks to double his salary.

But I guess it’s a good change, so that we have to be more careful with spending money.

November 08, 2012 23:37

639 posts(s)

Donator

I suspect the formula is simple btw: if a player would ask for 10k before the change, he asks for 20k now. So in about three seasons time, the money spent on wages will be doubled.

November 09, 2012 21:28

23 posts(s)

Donator

I think that this increase of salary is too important. One player ask me a 50% increase, he is 31 and already has a very good salary (70k…). I think that in few years some huge players will ask so big salary that nobody will affort it. In any case not the team from small country without good young players to sell.

November 12, 2012 11:15

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

I’ve just added some clarifications here: http://www.rubysoccer.com/forums/5/topics/330?page=14

Forums Bugs