Forums Bugs

Unrealistically high scoring matches

Subscribe to Unrealistically high scoring matches 19 post(s), 10 voice(s)

September 26, 2007 03:34

29 posts(s)

Has there been a change to the game logic to make scoring in games more likely?

This last turn saw a 13-1 scoreline in my leage (Beta 1, England, Division 2), and the turn before that 10-0 and my own team won 8-0.

I’m not complaining if my team is winning 8-0 lots, but it does seem rather unrealistic – all these high scores. How often does a real team score as many as seven in a game? It might happen once in the Premier League every souple of seasons.

September 26, 2007 05:07

124 posts(s)

I´m not sure about all those results but I checked one high scoring result and noticed there were no goalkeepers in the other team at all.

Well, that is probably not the case in all those matches but anyway…

September 26, 2007 05:21

57 posts(s)

Also Matty- you won 8-0 against a youth team of mine in a friendly ;)

September 26, 2007 08:24

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

of course that we will keep improving the match engine (there is a LOT to do). but it is like Toni mentioned: when you see a large score, usually the reason is simple. youths x regular players, no goalkeeper, etc. but keep reporting if you see strange things happening!
cheers

September 26, 2007 11:37

9 posts(s)

Hi Guys,
Im playing for Norwich City ( my beloved Canaries) in Beta 2 Div 2…………….I wish it was like this in real life lollllll……………………………so far have played 41 matches and scored 138 goals……………

87 Sheffield United 0 × 7 Norwich City Won League Report
90 Norwich City 2 × 0 West Bromwich Albion Won League Report
93 Norwich City 4 × 0 Bristol City Won League Report
96 Norwich City 5 × 0 Hull City Won League Report
99 Burnley 1 × 9 Norwich City Won League Report
102 Plymouth Argyle 0 × 2 Norwich City Won League Report
105 Stoke City 0 × 6 Norwich City Won League Report
108 Queens Park Rangers 0 × 10 Norwich City Won League Report
111 Preston North End 0 × 7 Norwich City Won League Report
114 Norwich City 4 × 0 Crystal Palace Won League Report
117 Norwich City 6 × 1 Cardiff City Won League Report
120 Norwich City 3 × 0 Scunthorpe United Won League Report
123 Norwich City 7 × 0 Leicester City Won League Report
126 Norwich City 7 × 0 Barnsley Won League Report
129 Ipswich Town 0 × 10 Norwich City Won League Repor

September 27, 2007 02:18

29 posts(s)

The team at the top of my league has played 5 matches and scored 27 goals. It just isn’t realistic.

September 27, 2007 03:36

23 posts(s)

3-4-3 formation 3-4-3
41% possession 59%
18 shots 56
9 shots on target 45

you can guess for the result……

0-0

depsite the fact i had so many shots i relegated on 1 point….

September 27, 2007 03:50

9 posts(s)

Norwich won 7-0 again away……………Im not complaing….BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

possession 63% shots 58 shots on target 42

One match I played I had well over 100 shots on goal.

September 27, 2007 06:54

33 posts(s)

I’m in Italy Div 2 and now that we’ve had promotions/relegations after Season 1 it’s noticeable how much better the relegated teams are. The quality of the players in those teams are just so much better than those teams who didn’t get promoted that they are absolutely stuffing every team they play (usually by at least 7 goals), even against a pretty good team for Div 2.

I think some thought needs to be given to closing the gulf of player quality between the divisions or changing the effect this has on the scoreline. These teams should be better, but it’s just too unrealistic at the moment.

September 27, 2007 09:20

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

yep, we did change that. take a look on the youths second division is getting recently. much better than before.

cheers.

September 27, 2007 11:11

18 posts(s)

Ooopppsss…

Norwich City 0 – Scunthorpe 5 … you asked so much, that things have chaged!!! :)

Sorry mate, but i couldn’t resist!

Good luck for the remaining season!

Paulo

September 27, 2007 13:22

9 posts(s)

Im in Beta 2, not Beta 1 (Norwich City 0 – Scunthorpe 5) haha the last game I won 6-0…….its all very unrealistic really.

Team P W D L GF GA Pts
1 Norwich City 43 29 4 10 151 38 91

September 27, 2007 14:11

18 posts(s)

Ooooooooooopppppsssss….didn’t noticed that…you’re right…:)

September 28, 2007 01:40

33 posts(s)

Hi Danilo,

Yes, the improvement in the Div2 youths is welcome, but not sufficient. I’ve only had 2 or 3 youths promoted since the game started and none of them with stats better than 70s. Not only will it take a long time for this to take effect, they still can’t compare with the Div1 teams who got relegated from Div1 buit still have players all with stats in the 90s or 100!

I think its too late to address this now as there is already such a gap in quality. It won’t be resolved until the game is reset, but I think you should look at lowering the starting stats for senior players in Div1 teams next time the game starts.

It’s not just the relegated teams getting big scores though. It seems that recent changes in your match engine have led to high scoring matches everywhere in general! It’s just happening every single game for those teams.

September 28, 2007 03:32

223 posts(s)

“lowering the starting stats for senior players in Div1”

i agree… there are too many 99’s 100’s 98’s and so on… the game started one season from now and there are fantastic players, they should appear much more rarely!

September 28, 2007 09:50

299 posts(s)

yes too many shots, too many goals. On the other hand, it’s not like the shots score reflects the goal score ex: a 52-8 shots gets a 3-4 goalscore

September 28, 2007 11:41

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

let me present you guys some stats. right now we have 9542 players (counting both dimensions). I will get the shooting attribute, for instance. From that total:

- 92 players have >= than 90 (0,96%)
- 15 players have >= than 95 (0,16%)
- 2 players have >= than 98 (0,02%)

I am sorry guys, but i dont see the problem that you are pointing. If we change that number, quality players will become UFO´s. If someone disagrees, fell free to comment. Maybe when we put all the countries we change that, but I dont know. I am pretty satisfied, statistically speaking. What about you guys, now that you know the numbers?

Ah, one thing that we may improve is the distribution of the good players (make more of them appear on 2nd division too). But first we have to see what happens with the new youths, bc those are pretty good.

September 28, 2007 17:57

33 posts(s)

I’m not sure those stats tell the full story. I’m guessing your percentages include all youth players and the free transfer players that no one wants? My feeling is that the problem is with the distribution. Although on the face of it the percentages above seem reasonable, all those decent players will be in the top division and there is then quite a drop in quality down to Div 2. It’s more the relative difference between Div 1 and Div 2 teams, and the div 2 teams don’t get enough income to radically improve their teams. The new youths will help but this is a slow process.

It would be interesting to do your calculation above firstly just for Div 1 team senior players, and then secondly just for Div 2 senior players to find the average spread (including 60s, 70s and 80s too). Exclude teams that got promoted/relegated as that will skew the results.

Then again, maybe we’re over analysing it! Maybe its not the difference in quality that’s the problem (as there should be a difference between the leagues) but maybe its how this translates to the match results. Maybe the better quality players are having too much effect on the number of goals that are scored. This was after all the original reason for the thread!

September 28, 2007 19:06

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

nsg1974, i think your post summarizes well the problem here. in my opinion the player stats are good and realistic enough the way they are.

as for the match, we have to wait and see what happens with the new youths. also, there is a LOT to do on the engine. like add strategies, for example. i am reluctant to change anything before we add the missing stuff, because the effort to add those will, alone, force us to improve and add a lot on the existing code.

i am optimistic about the way things are going, lets see what this next month brings to us.
cheers!

Forums Bugs