Forums Bugs

fire a player - rejection

Subscribe to fire a player - rejection 14 post(s), 5 voice(s)

October 01, 2010 21:04

387 posts(s)

I wanna fire a 38yro striker, but the board rejects my will to release this guy (“This player is too important to the squad to be fired.”).
He’s useless to me, by value the 4th best striker in my squad. Only 1 player listed for sale, 1 loaned.
Gabriel/Danilo, can you please fire him … thanks!
http://www.rubysoccer.com/game/player_info/75391 (FT)

October 01, 2010 21:37

104 posts(s)

where is the bug ? he have a estimated value more than 20 M …

October 01, 2010 21:37

241 posts(s)

Maybe its because you are in negotiations with him…why the hell you negotiate a contract if you want to fire him lol…my guess is you want some squad space….try canceling his nego and fire him!!

October 01, 2010 22:05

387 posts(s)

cancelled negotiation (thanks for the advice), but the board still rejects my request …

October 01, 2010 22:26

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

There is no bug here, the board considers him your second best, not 4th best attacker. We know you’re not cheating so I’ll fire him for you ;-)

October 01, 2010 23:12

387 posts(s)

Many thanks, Gabriel. According to my formula he was not 2nd best ;-) Anyway, a manager should be able to release a guy (right away) who announces his will to retire at the end of a season.

October 02, 2010 06:48

340 posts(s)

hahaha, come on..

Gabriel, the bank accidentally forgot to return my interest of 200M, can you put in the money manually for me please?

What is the point of this guys?

Philipp, shame on you! ;)

/bk

October 02, 2010 09:31

387 posts(s)

sorry, Berhan, I still consider this as a “bug” …
But if Gabriel wouldn’t have fired him manually, I’d be have been fine with this instance as well. I do not want to have any privilege.
Regarding your interest of 200m, I just recognized this happened to me, too, – but only 75m are missing, Gabriel could you please go ahead! ;)

October 03, 2010 15:45

340 posts(s)

A bug means malfunction of a designed and implemented feature/function, ie something is not working the way it is supposed to, a defect even.

Also, who would want to fire a person who said he will quit work?

I am guessing that you want to kick him and open a space for a replacement, but the lack of functions to make a swift change doesn’t mean this is a bug.

In any normal job, you (the boss) would be prepared to look for a replacement, bring him(or her) in and have the guy leaving handover his knowledge to the replacement.

This is football of course, you shouldn’t have to kick this guy to let some younger player know that he is to fill the retiring player’s shoes next season. Perhaps a new function to put the retiring player mentor more the younger guy and depending on his personality and skill, could aid the younger player to develop better during the last season of a retiring (older) player. But that is a different story.. :)

/bk

October 03, 2010 16:17

387 posts(s)

“A bug means malfunction of a designed and implemented feature/function”
If you have on the one hand a player, that plays 6 out of 36 matches (~16%), and on the other hand at the same a team that leads the league table and reaches CL QF without a problem (without the players help), the board’s statement “This player is too important to the squad to be fired.” is a bug to me. Sorry.
Maybe not a bug of the hard coded players value formula, but a bug by the obvious numbers (playtime, matches, his contibution to the success).
Normally i wouldn’t have had him fired due his achievements for the club, but as there is no mentorship yet or the like, he has to move for a young gun.

October 03, 2010 21:52

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Let’s not forget this is just another cheating prevention feature, that’s why it considers the hard coded formula instead of matches played and team success ;-)

October 03, 2010 22:11

387 posts(s)

no worries, gabriel. i guess everyone can live with this state of play. i was just surprised, but i am aware that this game can not reflect every inch of RL. at least not on this stage of development, and manpower ;)

October 04, 2010 15:37

340 posts(s)

well, then this is a wish for a feature! ;)

/bk

October 30, 2010 22:11

104 posts(s)

http://www.rubysoccer.com/game/player_info/76034

Mesma situacao, logo penso que mo podem despedir tambem

Forums Bugs