Forums Bugs

CL QF set up

Subscribe to CL QF set up 7 post(s), 4 voice(s)

September 26, 2010 15:41

387 posts(s)

in medium ticker, in quarter finals Hertha BSC face Rennes, a team from the group phase. This must be a bug, right? Shouldn’t it be Torino for Hertha here?
http://www.rubysoccer.com/game/international_cups?cup=4&season=22

September 26, 2010 20:14

637 posts(s)

Except for Villareal-Inter, the QF are all different from the logic in the previous seasons. A bug or a change?

September 26, 2010 21:39

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

A change. It is part of the changes ‘package’ related to cups where the best teams are drawn against the worse, but not in a predictable order. Now any first place team from the group stage can face any second place team. I thought about this situation yesterday (facing a club from the same group in the quarter-finals)…it is not good, but should be ok.

I’m still working on avoiding same country matches as much as possible…not ready yet ;-)

September 30, 2010 20:51

637 posts(s)

Is this change already implemented in fastticker this season?

October 01, 2010 04:04

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Yes, it is. You can expect more changes on that logic for next season (or the one after). I’m finally working on preventing same country matches as far as possible on international competitions ;-)

October 01, 2010 20:31

241 posts(s)

ummm i face Real Sporting de Gijón in the CL 1/4 finals…we were in the same group!…..the format is messed up i think worse than teams matching up from same country…hope you guys can figure out a better solution :)

October 01, 2010 22:11

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

You have to think about your country! If teams from the same country don’t face each other both have a chance to win and score points for their country ranking ;-)

I know, you were unlucky, the same country problem is more critical in South America. But I hope this will change soon when we have 8 groups instead of 4!

Forums Bugs