Forums Bugs

Player Value

Subscribe to Player Value 6 post(s), 4 voice(s)

September 07, 2007 08:56

6 posts(s)

I’ve just bought a player that was listed for 1.7M, and estimated value around 3M, now estimated value its the price I’ve payed for him (1.7M), its suposed to be like this?

Cheers

September 07, 2007 10:08

75 posts(s)

I don’t know how it works here yet… But his estimated value will probably get to his real value with time, when you buy someone the estimated value worths what you paid for.

September 07, 2007 20:26

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Sherman is right, we assume the price you paid is the real market value for the player, but if the player worths more it will slowly have his value increased as he evolves. If you pay more than the player’s estimated value, the value will also become the amount you’ve paid, but it won’t decrease unless you sell him by a cheaper price. Still have to implement the player’s value depreciation :-)

September 14, 2007 16:15

47 posts(s)

I’m like Little, I just bought a player worth 2.3 for 1.85.

Now his value is 1.85. I dont understand how this is good for the game. If this stays in, you will have an inflated transfer market. All managers like a bargain when looking for players.

If a player is worth 5.0, manages like him for 4.0, and gets him.
If that player is then shown as worth 4.0, when that manager comes to sell him, he will have to go cheaper again.

Also, it could encourage cheating. Player worth 4.0, sell him to friend for 9.0.
Player worth 9.0, sell him immediately for 6.5. The manager who pays 6.5 thinks he’s had a bargain as he can’t see he’s really worth 4.0 and also can’t see he was only recently bought.

Gabriel, I think you need to look at this when you get time. Not as important as other changes, but it could unsettle the economics very quickly.

IMO Money will be tight outside of the big leagues, the players value should be constant and let the managers decide how much to sell / buy for. A false valuation will confuse buyers. The value should remain constant and not be affected by transfer fees, like in real life, the fee should be up to the manager, but the fee shouldn’t become the value. EG. Shevchenko 30.0

September 14, 2007 16:39

75 posts(s)

I think the way it is now is okay, specially when the depreciation get implemented…
I think player’s value is just to have an idea in the begginning, with time the managers will have their own ideas of prices when looking for players…

I think people shouldn’t be able to buy and sell the same player quickly, at least a couple of turns before he’s allowed to do it… And every player should have in his history who bought him, for how much, etc…

Before buying a player the manager has to check everything, his club’s economy, players’ stats, age, how urgent you need him, if the player is a important one for the seller, etc… And everybody will have a different point of view about that…

Cheaters will try to cheat with or without it…

That’s my opinion… I think it’s good to have these players’ values, but I don’t look at it… Actually, sometimes I think a less valued player worths more than a high valued one…

September 14, 2007 21:54

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I agree with sherman, but I understand commanche concerns. Maybe we should wait until depreciation is implemented in order to make the player value be the value someone paid for the player. Currently the value only rises based on player evolution.

Forums Bugs