Forums Bugs

Goalkeeper making too much difference

Subscribe to Goalkeeper making too much difference 8 post(s), 5 voice(s)

November 28, 2009 11:51

287 posts(s)

Last EL match I was very surprised (my board too, they took me 9%).

I was shooting with 3 strikers with shooting skills: 94, 93, 96 and his goalkeeper has 100 as goal as 93 speedy
I coundn´t make ANY goal

In the other hand he was shooting with striker skills: 84 and 83!!!!!!! and my goalkeeper has 95 as goal and 100 speedy
He made 3 goals

What is hard to belive it is my 4 defenders tackle skills: 98, 97, 96, 94
agains his defenders with tackle skills: 84, 88, 90, 97

Match report: http://www.rubysoccer.com/game/match_report/594341

It is not supposed to goalkeeper get tired after a lot of shots?

November 28, 2009 12:43

117 posts(s)

Have a look at the CL Finals…

November 28, 2009 14:06

651 posts(s)

in many matches even some goalkeepers with lessers skills withstand very good shooters at 97, 95, 98 (all having average skills above 87)… i could give a host number of examples…

November 28, 2009 14:42

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

The excessively good goalkeepers are compensating the high number of shots. This is not good, we know, but hopefully that will change soon.

November 28, 2009 16:05

287 posts(s)

But they are too good. It dosent make any difference if your shooting long or short. Actually it is better to use long distance because you have more chance with more shoots. If you are face-to-face with the goalkeeper you should almost always score, but this rarely happens.

Who is responsible to hold the striker is the defence line, not the goalkeepers. Dribble should be less effective and tackle more effective at defence field. So defenders could stop strikers. And avoid the very very often situation face-to-face striker w/ goalkeepers. This will avoid too the famous 4×4×2 with rare pass: striker C0 or C1 gets the ball at middlefield and dribble everyone until reach the goal and shot.

It is hard to belive that a defence line with skills 80+ can be compensated with a goalkeeper 100 with more than 30 great defences.

The goalkeeper should receive a bonus if there is 1, 2 or 3 defenders near striker at the shooting moment, but negative bonus otherwise.

What is sad that is happening is a running for great goalkeepers, what it is bad because you can spend 50M in a goalkeeper and 10M in 4 average defenders. I think it is sad not because I dont have great goalkeepers, but it makes the ruby less fun: just get the better goalkeepers possible and take care of your middle and attack field.

November 29, 2009 02:14

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

I believe disassociating tackle vs dribbling is a good option. We can use them separately on different situations, should make things more interesting.

November 29, 2009 19:10

15 posts(s)

Donator

I’d say that the fact that there are a lot of shots is also b/c the keeper can’t move on the field to intercept the ball. So the great number of shots compensates for a lot of balls that would be easier if he could just intercept them.

November 30, 2009 01:09

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

That’s true :)

Forums Bugs